• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

10 Minutes in...already have a horror story

Thread starter #1

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Hey all I hope everyone is loving the game so far, like I am, regardless of what is missing. If you have connection issues, keep trying as I did, or just try it again tomorrow! For those who can't play right now, hopefully I can paint you a nice picture :) Others, maybe you can relate to this story? Sorry for the wall of text but I hope you enjoy and create your own stories soon!

First off, don't get me started on how BEAUTIFUL THIS FREAKIN GAME IS. I'm just running on high (default) on a laptop w/ 7th gen i5, gtx 1050ti...nothing over the top, and the game runs flawlessly on the few runs I have had.

I spawn in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods and hills. The rays of sun shining through the trees glisten, and a thick fog blankets the distant mountains. If I didn't know better, I'd think this wasn't the apocalypse.

Skip ahead through all the running, and it is MINUTES before sunset.

So I finally found a town right as the last fleeting beams of sun disappear. Keep in mind it is DARK in this game when the sun goes down, and I don't think electricity works just yet, but I may be wrong. Anyway, I was looting this gas station and it was pitch black, all I had was a shitty little flashlight and it was like using the light off your phone screen (not the bright camera flash light...like the screen itself).

I was finding food and a bunch of complex machine parts, feeling good. Then all of a sudden, I hear a dreaded THUMP.....THUMP.....THUMP. I knew there was no way it was a person, so I just hid in the corner with my flashlight pointed near the door. The only thing illuminated on my screen was a 2-foot circle of weak light.

At this point, I'm thinking wtf! I did shut the door of course, and this fucker just waltzes right in! You can lock things I believe, but hell if I know how to do that yet. I don't think you can just lock the door by twisting the knob lock like a normal door either! So heads up on that...

This zombie slowly walks closer to my position...as if he already knew where I was. Then as you may expect he sees me! And may I say these are not just 'rotten' people, they are something straight out of hell. Truly fear-inducing, and something I have not felt from a game in a while! He violently shakes as if startled by my presence, but trust me I am wayyy more startled. A sharp crescendo indicates that I've been discovered, only adding to the fear level. Next thing you know...he is ON me. Like, these things can fly. I have to cut my light in order to defend myself with hilariously weak-looking jabs and uppercuts...IN THE PITCH BLACK, and let's just say the zombie ate good that night haha.

Totally insane and frightening experience. This is no 7dtd where you can get whacked 10 times...I was dead before I could throw more than a couple punches. I could have maaaaaybe avoided detection by shutting off my light right away, but then I probably would have shit myself even worse if he came after me. Lights will be absolutely crucial!

Please respond with your own stories or comments on mine!! Oh and if you're one of those a-holes looking to squeak your grievances on the forums, go ahead and keep moving:p Don't even think about bitching at me for getting to play either if you didn't yet. Yeah I'm upset about the delays, and I did not get in right away either. But what is getting mad going to get you? No support from me, I can promise you! The second you load in, it will all be worth it....if nothing else please believe that.

Those of you who read all that, thank you!

Thread starter #3

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Did you have troubles with your game opening? Mines is just a black screen
Haha YES! Sometimes it says can't connect to lobby, sometimes it's just the home page shown, sometimes the servers won't show, and other times I'll load into a server and it will just load forever...

It can be quite frustrating, as I'm sure you know. But I'd say just keep trying. Close, restart game, repeat. Because the servers ARE there, tons of them.

TheMadArcher

Backer
Haha YES! Sometimes it says can't connect to lobby, sometimes it's just the home page shown, sometimes the servers won't show, and other times I'll load into a server and it will just load forever...

It can be quite frustrating, as I'm sure you know. But I'd say just keep trying. Close, restart game, repeat. Because the servers ARE there, tons of them.
It's not servers it's the whole game

Sneakydude

Survivor
Backer
Like they said it is pre alpha and first night will have loads of issues. We all expected that. I downloaded it, never started it because....????? i knew it would take 48 hrs to be fixed.

Been in many pre alpha's already and it takes time to get all the quirks out. I am happy to hear a great story from the OP though. as the new builds start trickling in, more and more will get polished. Adjustments etc...

Stay true, and report any bugs to the site JB has posted.

Hurricane

A Shadow in the Dark
Backer
I spawned into the game right before it went dark. I was in the middle of nowhere so I quickly found a large rock, climbed on top of it and waited for dawn. I checked the Inventory and controls while up there and stared into the night looking for roamers. I saw a few about one hundred meters away, but wat scared me most was he roaring, like there was a zombie right next to me. First when it got light again and i startet moving I realised the roaring and rumbling was my stomach :D :D :D

JB_

Developer
Developer