• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

A Couple Suggestions :D

Thread starter #1
Hey guys , so I rewatched Frankieonpcin1080p's exile videos and I came across a type of "Horde" in a segment of the video , I was thinking that maybe STN could do something similar , maybe to make zombies more aggressive , group up more , and if they move together then they could have red glowing eyes to represent them being part of the horde. I have included some pictures of what i have on my mind. (Sorry it was night time in the video haha XD)

Also a type of new clothing was on my mind , some type of way to maybe cover our clothes in leaves / other things to remain hidden in a field/bunch of grass/maybe a bush ?

Maybe making the gun shots from the more powerful guns maybe create more of a "bang" , or maybe work on the sounds for guns in the game to make it a bit easier to identify who is shooting what gun.

Locks & Lock picks - If doors/chests/anything will have a lock , i think that maybe adding a lockpick to the game would be nice , obviously it would be a very very rare spawn and it would break easily if during "lock picking" the player who is using the lock pick would be aggressive. I think if a player lets say would have to spend 5 minutes on a lock pick to try and break it or whatever would be nice , instead of making a lot of noise by breaking the lock with a hammer. There is a counter argument to this , "well you can just use a hammer and break the lock" , yes but if let's say you are "mid-raid" and you want to be stealthy and as silent as possible during the night then a hammer won't be much help.

Compound Bow / Bow / Crossbow (DYI or not idk) - Maybe adding those into the game would be a good idea , instead of using weapons which forces us to be loud and give away our position , i think that maybe letting us create a bow/crossbow or maybe make crossbows and compound bows into lootable items then that would make hunting for food / killing players more of a challenge and more fun.

Thanks for reading <3 ~Woji

EDIT :

Radios - Once all 4 radio towers are online and running , a plane in 10 minutes would fly into the island and crash somewhere , the pilot would call into the radio and callout that they crashed + give grid ref. = Possible Good Loot , food or something ? Just an idea

Mentality - Reaching max cap would cause suicide ?
ALSO would traps cause negative mentality ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Tul_Juran

Backer
It really depends on the zombie AI for hordes, I mean they're only stumbling and shambling rotten flesh on bones looking for brains/nutrition. So, a horde wouldn't be a 'needed?' feature if you see where I'm coming from. Like, they'll most likely just shamble towards the loudest sound they could hear, or chase after animals, which won't last long due to their speed.

But its a nice idea, having a looming threat of a huge pile-up of zombies stumbling after or towards you, but if anything it's more than likely a feature already in development or has been brought up in meetings/talks with the development team. After all, zombies are usually in a massive pile in other media (The Walking Dead, George. A Romero's movies (May he rest in peace) and more.)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well @Woji, some interesting ideas there.
I think we've got a crossbow coming in the game.
We know zombies will react differently at night time than during the day. Might they clump up and some sort of interaction happens between them that makes their eyes glow red? Interesting idea.
On the subject of clothing modifications / camouflage, could this be a 'skin' you could purchase? I hate micro-transactions, but if it gets more money to the STN team, I might well go for it.
Not too sure about lock picks. As a player, I might just get too frustrated after about 10 seconds and reach for the hammer or axe!
But might that be a skill you could learn and improve by practice?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Not sure about crossbow though 10376737_886055088121484_9028602896149239481_n.jpg
Also, as someone who can lockpick in real life, at the core all you will need for any old lock is a bobby pin and any piece of thin yet sturdy metal. But lockpicking equipment makes it much easier. And if you don't know how to lockpick, you'll never figure it out, but if you at least know the basics, it took me about three days to finally unlock a military-grade padlock(Quite literally, it was taken off of a military warehouse and was going to get tossed, but I unlocked it). Now I can do it in maybe seven or eight minutes(two years later).

Thread starter #7
@Dr.J , with the clothing i was thinking maybe a skill you'd need to learn , no micro transaction bs haha :p However maybe skins for weapons or things would be cool

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@Dr.J , with the clothing i was thinking maybe a skill you'd need to learn , no micro transaction bs haha :p However maybe skins for weapons or things would be cool
Not sure if crafting in the game has improvable skills ... still liking the idea though. What else could players learn?

Thread starter #9
Maybe when skinning animals / gathering , swimming , lock picking ? i dont know just activities or things that require skill which would let us get better at things.

Looter

"Mentality - Reaching max cap would cause suicide ? "

Suicide would be too much imo. What about loosing skills/hardHP, shivering/shaking body (cant aim anymore) , vomiting (always hungy and thursty) -> becoming unconscious from time to time etc ?

Last edited:
Thread starter #12
when you die you lose everything , throughout reaching each level of mentality you will have different side effects , most side effects u listed already happen lol. to reach max cap would be hard as you could do positive things to keep it down , just another element.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Not sure about crossbow though View attachment 2619
Also, as someone who can lockpick in real life, at the core all you will need for any old lock is a bobby pin and any piece of thin yet sturdy metal. But lockpicking equipment makes it much easier. And if you don't know how to lockpick, you'll never figure it out, but if you at least know the basics, it took me about three days to finally unlock a military-grade padlock(Quite literally, it was taken off of a military warehouse and was going to get tossed, but I unlocked it). Now I can do it in maybe seven or eight minutes(two years later).
That looks like my Diamond Dead Eye! (IRL)

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
"Mentality - Reaching max cap would cause suicide ? "

Suicide would be too much imo. What about loosing skills/hardHP, shivering/shaking body (cant aim anymore) , vomiting (always hungy and thursty) -> becoming unconscious from time to time etc ?
Personally I disagree, I think that for someone to truly fear going insane, they themselves need to be on the line, not just their ability to aim a gun or sprint long distances. Theres a few people *cough*Khans*cough* who are always going to kill on sight, and this isn't just for people like them, but if you really don't want your life taken, don't take another's life. 'Treat others how you want to be treated' etc. I think its a great system, and will lead to much more unique and diverse encounters. And another thing I like about it is that you still can kill someone, but theres creative ways to go about to as to not lose mental state. Say you lock someone in a cellar and starve them, this will be a much better experience for both players than had one just shot the other immediately, because the prisoner is trying to find weaknesses and discover his escape, while the other is trusting that their build is strong enough to withstand anything that the prisoner can try. I can foresee this leading to some incredible moment.

Thread starter #15
What if its self defence ? what if we tie up someone and throw them into a place where they can't escape , shouldn't that count as mentality ? mentality is to counter clans / kos , but if big clans can just go up , talk to someone and hand cuff someone and throw them into a room and lock them in , how fun is that , the player will just get bored and disconnect before they starve. There is no penalty for leaving and switching server?

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Well each server is on a different db so you'd be abandoning all current progress. That and I imagine that if you're that easily bored, it won't be any easy feat to sneak up and handcuff an unsuspecting victim, and even if they do manage that, then what? You can play the unwilling prisoner and likely get shot, but you didn't spend any time in a cell. And there's no way for the mentality system to know how you were killed by another player unless they directly kill you. Yes it should hit your mentality, but there is no way for the game to know that the other player killed you, since they never dealt you any damage

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
What if we tie up someone and throw them into a place where they can't escape ?
I think quite a lot of us would like to tie up the Dev team and throw them in a place they can't escape from. And you know I'm just joking here don't you? Because they're all working too hard, as are the forum mods.

Thread starter #18
why sneak up ? group of players could get a guy to surrender and hand cuff him ?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Being taken hostage could be the best thing that could happen too you, then you could just come on here and ask for a rescue mission :D