• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

A Couple Suggestions :D

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Thats actually a good idea(Birth of the StN Defense Unit) xD
I am sure there are plenty of people as-well as groups that will be willing to help people in many ways, they will only need to ask.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Yeah, on official servers I typically help people in any way I can, that and offering food/water as soon as you meet someone is a pretty good incentive for them to not shoot you in the back of the head Lol.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Going back to the topic of mental health cap reach means suicide. I think this is a good way of dealing with KOS issues we all see in other games. If it were to be a general stat loss and so on than your really not preventing anything. I remember an old thread where doing things like maintaining a proper diet, hygiene and other simple things boost morale and fight the negative affect of KOS over a period of time. I cant tell you how many times I have been playing lone survivor on a High pop DayZ server and ran into one person, tried to hold them up to have them turn and shoot, killing them and than a few days goes by and I don't see anyone. If this map is bigger and more people are willing to come together for loot exchange and so on the negative Karma loss for incidents like I described above should be gone by your next encounter.

Just my two cents. The suicide when Karma gets to max should def stay.

Going to the Horde idea. I have actually been interested and playing around with this in CryEngine 5.3. What I have found is 3 fold: You can make certain AI Assets have a unique character code that stipulates when they come near another same AI Asset they group together and take a new path to roam the designated area and this can escalate to a large horde. Another I have found that was pretty easy was to have an "aggressive" AI Asset that when normal AI Assets come near they push them out of their area as to only have one aggressive AI in a smaller area. The third is a combination of both, aggressive AI and Clumping AI that roam the outside area (ie not in buildings). They push the normal AI out of there movement path and force them to go somewhere else. This creates for an every changing environment that will keep you on your toes for looting. Scenario, say you go into a town and scout out some zombies clumping together near the gun shop but the food shop is pretty clear just a few stragglers near by. You go get some food without alerting to many zombies. You come back in a few days or even hours and the scene has changed very much. This may be to in depth for a simple zombie game but I like the idea of having the scenery change as to always keep you on your toes.

Apologies for the long post :) i thought it needed some detail and explanation!

Thread starter #25
Going back to the topic of mental health cap reach means suicide. I think this is a good way of dealing with KOS issues we all see in other games. If it were to be a general stat loss and so on than your really not preventing anything. I remember an old thread where doing things like maintaining a proper diet, hygiene and other simple things boost morale and fight the negative affect of KOS over a period of time. I cant tell you how many times I have been playing lone survivor on a High pop DayZ server and ran into one person, tried to hold them up to have them turn and shoot, killing them and than a few days goes by and I don't see anyone. If this map is bigger and more people are willing to come together for loot exchange and so on the negative Karma loss for incidents like I described above should be gone by your next encounter.

Just my two cents. The suicide when Karma gets to max should def stay.

Going to the Horde idea. I have actually been interested and playing around with this in CryEngine 5.3. What I have found is 3 fold: You can make certain AI Assets have a unique character code that stipulates when they come near another same AI Asset they group together and take a new path to roam the designated area and this can escalate to a large horde. Another I have found that was pretty easy was to have an "aggressive" AI Asset that when normal AI Assets come near they push them out of their area as to only have one aggressive AI in a smaller area. The third is a combination of both, aggressive AI and Clumping AI that roam the outside area (ie not in buildings). They push the normal AI out of there movement path and force them to go somewhere else. This creates for an every changing environment that will keep you on your toes for looting. Scenario, say you go into a town and scout out some zombies clumping together near the gun shop but the food shop is pretty clear just a few stragglers near by. You go get some food without alerting to many zombies. You come back in a few days or even hours and the scene has changed very much. This may be to in depth for a simple zombie game but I like the idea of having the scenery change as to always keep you on your toes.

Apologies for the long post :) i thought it needed some detail and explanation!

Thank you for your input <3