• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

A few anti-PVP sanity ideas.

Thread starter #1

Noah

Backer
When a person becomes mentally unstable, shaky hands, shifty eyes and head movements left and right as if looking around will ensue.

What if we had visual ques like seeing a person who is moving around, and being able to hear his breathing as it's ragged and unstable. Being able to hear mummers while within proximity when he "Hears voices or Sees something".

What happens when instability and insanity plays a part with how well you do things or react to things? Such as being able to unlock a door without fumbling around, or being able to load and reload a weapon for use?

Being "unable" to sleep well (In my other post).

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Wow, this actually sounds awesome! Love the idea 100%! Hopefully the devs see this, because this is a must in my book. Would make the game so much more scary/real. Solid post, liked!

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
I understand there is going to be a few anti-pvp elements that come with the game, like loosing your mind and coming to the idea of blowing your gooey brain out. (oohh, graphic!)

However here are my ideas on things we can implement into this system:

With Sanity:
  • When killing one or two people, you start to tremble and shake around people
  • Certain clothing can set you off, possibly what a shooter was wearing before he started a firefight with you
  • Locations, areas, events and actions will remind you of that moment you shot him. Regardless of saving yourself or being a coldblooded killer. (Ex. You were at a gas station syphoning fuel for your vehicle, when a bandit started a shoot out, you killed him. Now every time you go to a gas station your think back to that moment. You become paranoid (maybe some music kicks in?) and you breath heavy. Your movements start to become heavier and louder.)
  • Cool down, eventually you gain trust in things that set you off, and return to normal over a long period. This could be affected by your location, after the shootout at a gas station, if you spend more time in the woods, you would come back to being sane near gas stations slower. If you spent more time at a gas station, you come to be sane faster
(Im going to update this as I think of it)
That's all I have for now, Thanks for reading :)

Tell me your thoughts and other ideas related to what I wrote down!

twitchy040

Backer
i like your ideas, i am interested to see how they will implament this, ii think the triggers will be hard to set up but when and if they do it will add a nice feel to the immersion,

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
I added a little addition as to exposure to your events.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Really like the idea of certain (relevant) clothing items/areas causing pseudo-flashbacks. Hearing phantom gunshots or things of that nature would also be cool. (Various auditory hallucinations). And as a word to the devs, with things like this, I'd say less is more. Making some of these symptoms too pronounced will turn them into annoyances, if they appear like sequenced events. Effects gotta be gradual, and subtle.

Really cool ideas here though.

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
Really like the idea of certain clothing items/areas causing pseudo-flashbacks. Hearing phantom gunshots or things of that nature would also be cool. (Various auditory hallucinations). And as a word to the devs, with things like this, I'd say less is more. Making some of these symptoms too pronounced will turn them into annoyances, if they appear like sequenced events. Effects gotta be gradual, and subtle.

Really cool ideas here though.
I like your ideas on sounds and hallucinations. They cant be obvious, like a half transparent man walking up to you and shooting.
They could be something like a running sound behind you. Or the weapon that was being used would ring through your ears (data could be stored in the save files or databases)

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
I like your ideas on sounds and hallucinations. They cant be obvious, like a half transparent man walking up to you and shooting.
They could be something like a running sound behind you. Or the weapon that was being used would ring through your ears (data could be stored in the save files or databases)
Great brainstorming going on right now.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
You could even add fake zombie sounds if you witness people get killed by them. Or if you see zeds, then your character freaks out.

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
You could even add fake zombie sounds if you witness people get killed by them. Or if you see zeds, then your character freaks out.
Sounds great! Maybe a scream when you revisit the area.
OOH!
What if there was a character you spend a lot of time around? Then if say a zombie killed them you start thinking of him, you freak out. The game starts simulating like crying and everything gets cloudy, your movement becomes more jerky and such.

Close ones have more of a impact on you

Zstar2010

Backer
I think it be interesting if it just made it harder to play the game. You walk slower or stumble, crafting takes longer, weapon accuracy falls. Karma for a killer, killing people makes it easier for you to DIEEEEEE! >:)

Afitz200

Alpha Backer!
Backer
I think it be interesting if it just made it harder to play the game. You walk slower or stumble, crafting takes longer, weapon accuracy falls. Karma for a killer, killing people makes it easier for you to DIEEEEEE! >:)
Its great to include something that has a negative affect on you. However it should have more negative affects on your gameplay, rather then your game experince

Thread starter #19

Noah

Backer
I understand there is going to be a few anti-pvp elements that come with the game, like loosing your mind and coming to the idea of blowing your gooey brain out. (oohh, graphic!)

However here are my ideas on things we can implement into this system:

With Sanity:
  • When killing one or two people, you start to tremble and shake around people
  • Certain clothing can set you off, possibly what a shooter was wearing before he started a firefight with you
  • Locations, areas, events and actions will remind you of that moment you shot him. Regardless of saving yourself or being a coldblooded killer. (Ex. You were at a gas station syphoning fuel for your vehicle, when a bandit started a shoot out, you killed him. Now every time you go to a gas station your think back to that moment. You become paranoid (maybe some music kicks in?) and you breath heavy. Your movements start to become heavier and louder.)
  • Cool down, eventually you gain trust in things that set you off, and return to normal over a long period. This could be affected by your location, after the shootout at a gas station, if you spend more time in the woods, you would come back to being sane near gas stations slower. If you spent more time at a gas station, you come to be sane faster
(Im going to update this as I think of it)
That's all I have for now, Thanks for reading :)

Tell me your thoughts and other ideas related to what I wrote down!
That sounds really good, I like it.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Sounds awesome, but it sounds like it might be hard to make it happen, maybe.