• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

A Legitimate Trailer

Is a trailer a good idea?

• Yes absolutely!

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Poppycock! We don't need that!

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
Hey guys,
The dev team seems to be doing really well, and it looks like there's a lot of effort being put into polishing many aspects of the game at the moment. That's fantastic and I have the utmost confidence that the game is shaping up very well.
An issue that I've found though is that through all the constant waiting, many of the initial backers and supporters have lost interest, and even I have had a hard time being invested in a fairly inactive community (at least compared to the beginning of the forums). The last thing anyone wants is for the game to become this obscure entity that you "might" play if it ever releases.
So I'd like to suggest the creation of a short trailer, a real trailer, not just the dev blogs, to generate more hype. After all, more hype means more potential backers, and I'm sure the team could always use more funds. Now I understand that the team is very busy, so it's always possible that members of the community could take on the responsibility of creating this trailer if they had the resources to do so, even if it just involves taking footage from the dev blogs and re-purposing it.
Just a thought.
**** Toast

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
Like it.

A good way forward would be to grab footage from the upcoming stress test and then narrate / set to music...... backers could do this with the Dev's blessing?

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Only sticking point I can see is, it may be a bit bland, compared to the previous vids/trailers(from the Kickstarter) as they had plenty of action and stuff going on.

Without zombies, and some of the stuff from the concept vids, it would take a bit of creativity to spice it up a bit :)

Thread starter #4

Toastmaster

Backer
Only sticking point I can see is, it may be a bit bland, compared to the previous vids/trailers(from the Kickstarter) as they had plenty of action and stuff going on.

Without zombies, and some of the stuff from the concept vids, it would take a bit of creativity to spice it up a bit :)
Yeah, I'm sure it will be a while until someone can make an actually useable trailer, but hey, we can dream. Plus if the devs see that there is interest in making one, maybe they'll feel inclined to help with footage

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I give it a yes, I see both points brought up about the attention it would give it and also the lack of content (using that loosely as they have done a ton of hard work) compared to the concept videos.

But with what features are going in with each update/version a worthy trailer may not be that far off...

One thing I don't agree with is the inactivity... how dare you :p

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I think a trailer would be a good idea, although I imagine the timing of a trailers contributes to its effectiveness. ( Although I am in no way experienced in this kind of stuff I am just speculating.) I imagine if you want to build hype you want to do it a time where the hype will last. From the forums you can tell the hype as faded quite a bit, but come the first stress tests the forums were buzzing with action again. I would think you would want to release a trailer before a release of some sort instead of something to settle the masses between updates that way the hype doesn't just fade away quite as fast.

I also agree there should probably be a little more content before one is made. I think the reason there was a lot of activity at the start was because there were still lots of stuff to suggest, lots of ideas to contribute. Now that lots of stuff has been discussed already well...
But yes, I would love a trailer. Sorry for the block of text...i usually keep it short and sweet XD.

Thread starter #7

Toastmaster

Backer
I give it a yes, I see both points brought up about the attention it would give it and also the lack of content (using that loosely as they have done a ton of hard work) compared to the concept videos.

But with what features are going in with each update/version a worthy trailer may not be that far off...

One thing I don't agree with is the inactivity... how dare you :p
Inactivity compared to the beginning of the forums of course ;)

henrikcomn

Backer
A zombie-survival game trailer, with no zombies in? I think the devs should wait until they are ready to make the steam release trailer :)

Jared Kaufman

Official Hero Bandit
Backer
Maybe if they had enough funds left from the kickstarter they could make a live-action trailer. Probably not, but I'm just spitballing.

Dragonlord3989

Backer
At this point in time I personally think that there is no point in having a trailer for the game. When more content is added and when working zombies have been added and other things like that then the devs should think about making a trailer for the unity 5 version of the game make a trailer

Thread starter #12

Toastmaster

Backer
At this point in time I personally think that there is no point in having a trailer for the game. When more content is added and when working zombies have been added and other things like that then the devs should think about making a trailer for the unity 5 version of the game make a trailer
I can absolutely agree with that, a trailer right now would be stupid and pretty much pointless especially if it didn't contain half the content that the game promises in the future. I just made one because I was bored and it seemed fun to do :)

Davz Not Here

Backer
@Toastmaster ..... +1 ..... keep tweaking it as videos are released from the devs

my 2 cents on it

about 1:00 in to the trailer "what will you do to survive the night"
this is totally the point where the raucous and gritty industrial metal should kick in (for about 5-7sec.) with flashes of zombie horde combat ...... then back to the gentle sounds with more stuff showing the hunting for another 0:45, rinse and repeat zombie horde combat metal music, ..... back to the gentle for 0:30, rinse and repeat 5-7sec, gentle 0:15, then WAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH .....

just me though :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
Maybe if they had enough funds left from the kickstarter they could make a live-action trailer. Probably not, but I'm just spitballing.
your spitball hit me in the eye ;)

but it gave me an idea ..... @JB_ @Jayty @Devs

community contest for the best trailer ..... kind of a win win situation .....
- the die hard community folks get to be creative and part of it (and maybe a perk or two for the winner(s) ..... (which we all love)
- the devs get several trailers to use or play with, with out production costs / time. freeing them to make the game even MORE BAD ASS ..... (which we all love)
- have the both devs and community pick their favorites via vote

Davz Not Here

Backer
;)

Not just you! That sounds pretty sweet as long as there's a shot of zombies being annihilated by an RV smashing through them :p
see ..... we're on the same page .... iv'e produced 5 music albums, and several videos .... wanna team up for the contest that is not official (and there fore not officially announced) :D

and for the record ..... this just inspires the devs to release more videos more often :D .... am i right or am i right ..... or am i right ?

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
A trailer at this point, even when produced by the great people apart of this Forum, is a bit pointless IMO. No zombies, vehicles, fortifications and so are in so it would be a simple PVP running SIM.

On that note I could see this transforming into a transitional updated movie that shows key features as they are added for everyone to check out. Eventually when the game goes to steam release for Alpha (or pre alpha) they may be able to use this progressed movie to clip parts they like.

But I digress,

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
@Toastmaster ..... +1 ..... keep tweaking it as videos are released from the devs

my 2 cents on it

this is totally the point where the raucous and gritty industrial metal should kick in (for about 5-7sec.) with flashes of zombie horde combat ...... then back to the gentle sounds with more stuff showing the hunting for another 0:45, rinse and repeat zombie horde combat metal music, ..... back to the gentle for 0:30, rinse and repeat 5-7sec, gentle 0:15, then WAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHH .....

INCEPTION BBBWWAAAAHHHH!

Zipp3n^

Backer

my 2 cents on it

Waaaarggghhh? What is that? Some kind of whale sound?

Davz Not Here

Backer
Status
Not open for further replies.