• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

A previously unaddressed world concept for a Zombie Apocalypse Survival game (PLEASE COMMENT)

Thread starter #1
There are numerous games in which we attempt to survive in a Walking Dead type world where all is scarce, looted, wrecked to hell, and depopulated. I have yet to see a game world where you, all of a sudden think "WHAT THE FUCK???????" and have to survive the "OUTBREAK"! :) Examples like.......

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

Maybe a regular and an "Outbreak" mode might be possible for Survive the Nights???????

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Its true, there are few games made set before the outbreak and whilst its taking place. Dead Island is close but mostly set after its all happened.

Prob its easier to make a game world populated by zombies, rather than a mostly still civilized world and barely destroyed army.

An outbreak mode would essentially require remaking the game cause you'd have to have different modeled assets and a mostly functional world complete with multiple NPC's. If it ever happens it wont be for a long time.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
It's certainly a good idea to bank.

Lamar™

Headcrab
Backer
This is why I wish any and all dev teams just listened to the players
AAA companies and Publishers make games for investors and profit

BUT

If they just sat down and asked people what they wanted and made a game with the combination of all the ideas it would sell a boatload

In short, because I don't want this to become a 30-page rant. Devs no matter what they have visioned for the game should ask the players what they want because at the end of the day they pay for the devs to make the game so give them what they want or at least take it into consideration. Players sometimes have the best ideas for the game because they play the god damn game whereas the devs make and test it rarely actually sitting down and playing it for fun.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
This is why I wish any and all dev teams just listened to the players
AAA companies and Publishers make games for investors and profit

BUT

If they just sat down and asked people what they wanted and made a game with the combination of all the ideas it would sell a boatload

In short, because I don't want this to become a 30-page rant. Devs no matter what they have visioned for the game should ask the players what they want because at the end of the day they pay for the devs to make the game so give them what they want or at least take it into consideration. Players sometimes have the best ideas for the game because they play the god damn game whereas the devs make and test it rarely actually sitting down and playing it for fun.
What the problem is, those in the industry don't understand what customers want. I've seen very few company's run surveys recently asking customers what they would like to see in a sequel or new game. They go by stuff like sales figures and what sells. How many COD's can one person play before they become bored shit less? To be modern and relevant companies need to start looking at whats happening. Markets change, the industry goes with the market. Any company going against the grain is left behind.

Last edited: