• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

A weekly competition

Thread starter #1

BlumiSixFour

Backer
I think there should be a server for weekly competitions/events.
I thought of the same survival situation being in it (the AI could be a bit stronger than the normal server ones) but with no respawns at all. It starts with a certain amount of people on monday and ends on friday or sunday with the final "Survivors" who could be for example rewarded with something special to their ingame account.
Of course its just an idea and needs a lot of things to be figured out in it but i think it could be pretty fun to compete.

Chris "Cr1t1cal Reaper"

Call me Reaper
Backer
Your idea sounds great, but I think a whole week would be too long a time period. My suggestion would be to make it a gamemode like, I think its called Battle Royal from the dayz mod where it only takes maybe an hour.

Your idea could definilty work, but the reward would have to something worth using a week to play and build your character to win only to lose him for good when its all over.

And now for a question, say theres 50 people, and number 1 logs out and lets the other 49 fight it out only to log in the last day and just kill the only other person left, how should that be prevented?

Thread starter #3

BlumiSixFour

Backer
Your idea sounds great, but I think a whole week would be too long a time period. My suggestion would be to make it a gamemode like, I think its called Battle Royal from the dayz mod where it only takes maybe an hour.

Your idea could definilty work, but the reward would have to something worth using a week to play and build your character to win only to lose him for good when its all over.

And now for a question, say theres 50 people, and number 1 logs out and lets the other 49 fight it out only to log in the last day and just kill the only other person left, how should that be prevented?
Yea, this logging out thing could be a pain is the ass, at the moment i cant think of any solution to it. :/ There should be maybe a time that you have to play before the first logging out. Lets say the event begins so everybody has to find a good spot to build their base on. You cant log out in the first hour or hour and a half so you cant play with the "wait things out" tactic because if you log out right after one hour then you wont have any defense or weaponary to fight later.
This whole week event may be a bit too long I agree on that but I think if its just only one hour long and its a bit more like Battle Royale then its gonna lose the "survival" feeling of the whole thing.

Last edited: