• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

About the trailer...

Thread starter #1

Daddy Cool

So, at one point we see the guy shooting a deer and in the next scene the deer is in the back of his pickup.

My question is: Can you actually put the dead animals in the back of your car? Or was that just a preset thing to make it look better? :p. Or... can you move the dead animals at all?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Good question.
I could be wrong but let's take a guess eh....

I'd say that you can maybe pick the deer up like with the logs from tree felling during the stress tests, ofc it's unrealistic to some degree (although have you seen @strategos2411 caber toss?:eek:) but as a placeholder thing not bad for now.

Hopefully just getting a dead animal like the deer onto the truck will require two people further down the line if things like co-op actions are something.

Thread starter #3

Daddy Cool

I'm fine with whatever way it requires to move it into the truck as long as we can do it. You cant expect me to waste a whole deer for 1-2 steaks ^^.

DocteurOod

Survive if I can...
Backer
So, at one point we see the guy shooting a deer and in the next scene the deer is in the back of his pickup.

My question is: Can you actually put the dead animals in the back of your car? Or was that just a preset thing to make it look better? :p. Or... can you move the dead animals at all?
Yes as of right now

TiBe

Backer
Hi everybody,

Some questions:
What do you know about the gameplay balance?
STN will be a mixture between Project Zomboid and RUST?
Do you have any information if protections will be in place to try to protect against raid off (other than a padlock)?
Can we hide chests in the forest?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Hi everybody,

Some questions:
Do you have any information if protections will be in place to try to protect against raid off (other than a padlock)?
More protection is possible other than just the lock, there will be free-placement traps (as seen in trailer) and I also imagine traps used on/for doors/windows.

DocteurOod

Survive if I can...
Backer
Hi everybody,

Some questions:
1 - What do you mean?
2 - I think it'll stand on its own, I'd like to think we've taken a lot of what works form all games and added a bit of what we thought was missing for concept. That's what we're working towards.
3 - Locks and traps that's about all we have planned for it.
4 - There are not placeable containers at the moment, something we'll work on.

Answer by JB

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Sadly no 3d game comes even close to zomboid, mostly because of the number of zombies 2d engine can handle. All other zombie games, you unload a clip at a single zombie, without consequences, and you go on your way looting. Fire a gun in zomboid, you do not ever enter a building, because you will get trapped.
Other games can not give you the Romero/twd experience, zomboid can.

Shishiaha

Backer
Zomboid is clearly the best survival i ever played. It has that special difficulty. But it's not fair to say we cannot find something close to it in 3D. It has bad points too, a 2D game is less immersive for exemple.

Some fps count a good amount of zombis, and to be honest, i secretly hope for a 3D like zomboid.

The devs here seems to work with their heart, we can get something nice.

SoleSurvivor

Survivor
Backer
So, on the subject of deer, are there even any in the game? I saw this screenshot on the "Not a fan of discord?" thread:

I don't see deer on that list. Now obviously we saw a deer in the trailer. So, @JB_ are there deer in the game? Can you place them in the back of a truck as shown in the trailer?

Shishiaha

Backer
The quote you are refering to, is about traps and meat drop.

Obviously Deer are not in this list as you need to hunt them.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
So, on the subject of deer, are there even any in the game? I saw this screenshot on the "Not a fan of discord?" thread:

I don't see deer on that list. Now obviously we saw a deer in the trailer. So, @JB_ are there deer in the game? Can you place them in the back of a truck as shown in the trailer?
deertruck.png

Sorry, I've prolly missed a few lil bits of info like that to post into the Discord thread. If anyone who isn't on Discord has any more queries lemme know, and i'll have a look to see if there is any relevant comments, and pop the pics in the thread

TiBe

Backer
When I spoke gameplay balance, I said that I am afraid that the game consists to build a fortified house and getting raid when we are disconnected. Some traps and a padlock have never stopped anyone.
The map is not very large, it will not be complicated to find where the other players are installed.
So, I hope it will be difficult to take a house already taken by another player.
If this aspect is overlooked, STN could become a good coop game but not a good multiplayer game (as Project Zomboid).
What do you think about this?

Do you have any information on the XP system? When our character dies, we lose our experience points as in PZ?

(Sorry for my bad english) ;-)

[BDG] Triikor

Backer
Good question.
I could be wrong but let's take a guess eh....

I'd say that you can maybe pick the deer up like with the logs from tree felling during the stress tests, ofc it's unrealistic to some degree (although have you seen @strategos2411 caber toss?:eek:) but as a placeholder thing not bad for now.

Hopefully just getting a dead animal like the deer onto the truck will require two people further down the line if things like co-op actions are something.
Old post I know but I'll comment anyway.

Why two people to move the deer? One man can easily carry the deer and load onto a truck.
Break the legs and you can carry the deer like a backpack, done it mulitple times myself.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Old post I know but I'll comment anyway.

Why two people to move the deer? One man can easily carry the deer and load onto a truck.
Break the legs and you can carry the deer like a backpack, done it mulitple times myself.
The deer so far are not small, like the size of an Elk... so it wouldn't seem plausible in my mind at least, to see/do that. But there is other methods people have mentioned for when being alone and moving something that size. e.g rope tied around the legs and use a tree as a pulley system...
So it should be do-able for players sake just make it a challenge.

[BDG] Triikor

Backer
The deer so far are not small, like the size of an Elk... so it wouldn't seem plausible in my mind at least, to see/do that. But there is other methods people have mentioned for when being alone and moving something that size. e.g rope tied around the legs and use a tree as a pulley system...
So it should be do-able for players sake just make it a challenge.
hmm size of an elk so around 300kg ok thats fair enough for two people
The deer we have here are around 130-200kg which is fine for one man.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
hmm size of an elk so around 300kg ok thats fair enough for two people
The deer we have here are around 130-200kg which is fine for one man.
That could be a thing thou... male and female deer, males being larger and more of a task for one person to hunt/butcher but you get more meat... where a small female would be more efficient for one person to handle.