• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

About zombie "spawning"

Thread starter #1

gamejunkie25th

Backer
How and where are zombies going to spawn? Is this going to be like Day Z where you can actually watch the zombies spawn in front of you or are zombies only going to spawn where they cant be seen.

Also i'd like to suggest a pre loaded style of spawning where zombies spawn in a random set of spots every restart and once they die they are dead unlike Day Z where you could be fighting an endless amount of zombies

winINC

Backer
I think it's an interesting idea to have limited zombies on a server, though that would really have to come down to how long a server is supposed to be up for. I'd imagine that the bulk of all the zombies could get killed in around a week, maybe less depending on how hard they are to kill and the access to guns and vehicles. What then, you just run around naked without a care in the world? Sure it's a good concept, but not really made for respawning multiplayer games.

I would suggest instead a system which the zombies only respawn at random times throughout the week. Maybe first respawn is on a thursday, then sunday, then tuesday, and so on. Then you would see the population of zombies grow smaller for a while and feel like your kills matter, but it won't remove the threat forever. Just a thought.

Also, they should make a spawnanimation if they are just gonna pop in even if you can see the spawnlocation, maybe they can look like they are clawing their way out of the ground or something, and maybe they only spawn at graveyards ;)

Thread starter #3

gamejunkie25th

Backer
I think it's an interesting idea to have limited zombies on a server, though that would really have to come down to how long a server is supposed to be up for. I'd imagine that the bulk of all the zombies could get killed in around a week, maybe less depending on how hard they are to kill and the access to guns and vehicles. What then, you just run around naked without a care in the world? Sure it's a good concept, but not really made for respawning multiplayer games.

I would suggest instead a system which the zombies only respawn at random times throughout the week. Maybe first respawn is on a thursday, then sunday, then tuesday, and so on. Then you would see the population of zombies grow smaller for a while and feel like your kills matter, but it won't remove the threat forever. Just a thought.

Also, they should make a spawnanimation if they are just gonna pop in even if you can see the spawnlocation, maybe they can look like they are clawing their way out of the ground or something, and maybe they only spawn at graveyards ;)
I'd rather anything than what I had in Day Z. At my base (which was in a forest) I had around 10 zombies at all times no matter how many times I killed them all

Davz Not Here

Backer
Thread starter #5

gamejunkie25th

Backer
Im fine with alot of zombies. As long as they don't endlessly spawn. Id rather kill 50 knowing they wont come back than wasting all of my ammo killing the same 5 10 times