• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Accidental Shot/Freeze Up

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I see where your coming from, but the first flaw that comes to mind with these features is killing people unintentionally. Say your playing with your friend or just met a new friend but are suffering MH issues, you happen to be following your friend and out of no where you blast your friend in the back with a shotgun. This would worsen your MH even more as you have killed another player (not by choice, I must add). I don't know about you but I would rather not become an unintentional murder, if wanted to kill someone I would run them over with the bus.

Davz Not Here

Backer
actually ..... i think a character going crazy should certainly be prone to shooting other players when snapping ..... i mean ..... i can start linking the daily news in fact CNN is on in the background right now and i have heard mention of sandy hook twice .....

so yes ..... a person should stand a chance, to lose control of their character (AI take over ), and go on a killing spree ..... some times crazy goes that direction

Davz Not Here

Backer
also ..... this has been brought up a few times in a couple of other threads and has been expounded on quite a bit

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the idea of this, at first I thought what you thought @Crazypineapple55 but if you know you could be prone to an accidental discharge of your firearm, if you cared about the person/people you are with... would you not warn them of this?

I do realize I am asking a crazy bus driver this question :eek:

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I want my character to repeatedly smash his head against every wall he sees. That would be great.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I like the idea of this, at first I thought what you thought @Crazypineapple55 but if you know you could be prone to an accidental discharge of your firearm, if you cared about the person/people you are with... would you not warn them of this?

I do realize I am asking a crazy bus driver this question :eek:
No doubt i would warn them, but at a realistic standpoint (because i don't know how the MH system will work) loneliness will just lead to become more crazy. (like drawing faces on volley balls so they can be your friends). Being with friends would be a comforting thing, plus from my understanding when you kill people your insanity increases, so i would assume doing the opposite would decreases your insanity. But how can you go about not shooting people when the game does it for you. Kind of a counter productive system they got going. *adds MH system to decrease KOS, then forces game to kill players for you*

I can't be the only one that finds that a bit odd.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
No doubt i would warn them, but at a realistic standpoint (because i don't know how the MH system will work) loneliness will just lead to become more crazy. (like drawing faces on volley balls so they can be your friends). Being with friends would be a comforting thing, plus from my understanding when you kill people your insanity increases, so i would assume doing the opposite would decreases your insanity. But how can you go about not shooting people when the game does it for you. Kind of a counter productive system they got going. *adds MH system to decrease KOS, then forces game to kill players for you*

I can't be the only one that finds that a bit odd.
The whole MH thing is a strange concept to put in, we all think and act differently, its all down to the persons core whether or not they can handle things...
(I don't need to tell you that :)) maybe doing enough "good deeds" will help "bad deeds" not having so much effect on you... but I suppose people go crazy in all manner of ways. The example talked about here (Randomly Shooting) would be an extreme case of mental disorder (I think).... whether they add skills,traits/past careers to have, will have an effect on MH and what you can handle aswell...

I'm sure if someone was in this state, you would probably notice it *Twitches with crazy look in his eye*

:p

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
The whole MH thing is a strange concept to put in, we all think and act differently, its all down to the persons core whether or not they can handle things...
(I don't need to tell you that :)) maybe doing enough "good deeds" will help "bad deeds" not having so much effect on you... but I suppose people go crazy in all manner of ways. The example talked about here (Randomly Shooting) would be an extreme case of mental disorder (I think).... whether they add skills,traits/past careers to have, will have an effect on MH and what you can handle aswell...

I'm sure if someone was in this state, you would probably notice it *Twitches with crazy look in his eye*

:p
Just to be clear, I don't need a MH system to be a psychopathic murderer ;)

ZhiBrah

Backer
I think its a great idea, but his might make the game too complex, sometimes i think simplicity is good.