• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Actual Trap Ideas

Like? Or nah?

• Do it!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
Pitch Bird Trap
Items:
Seeds
Pine Pitch
Cup

Tools:
None

Description:
Pine pitch is smeared inside of the cup, seeds are sprinkled inside, bird comes and while eating becomes sticky and disoriented. In real life it's non-lethal and actually illegal but hey this is the apocalypse
Example:
image.jpg

Figure 4 Deadfall

Items:
3 Sticks
Bait

Tools:
Screwdriver

Description:
Sticks prop up the rocks, bait goes under the rock, animal comes along, rock goes splat,
now you've got a rat burger for breakfast
Example:
image.jpg

Baited Snare:
Items:
Stake
Rope
Bait
Spring Pole
Stick
Toggle Stick

Tools:
Hammer

Description:
A baited snare trap for hunting animals. Remove bait and it could be a motion snare and snag people or zombies
Example:
image.jpg

Most of these are just hunting traps, if you'd like to add more ideas feel free to. I'd like this to be a thread dedicated to traps so don't dick around. Any ideas for traps are welcome.

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I like! Id love to set out a trap and wait it out in my awesome party bus :D

Thread starter #4

Toastmaster

Backer
What about if you could a trap that hangs on a tree and when someone steps on it it will grab them by the foot and lift them into the air
Actually that's fairly close to the motion snare except you'd be using a tree branch and not a spring pole I guess :)

Thread starter #7

Toastmaster

Backer
Foot Hold Trap

Items:
5 Stakes
1 Rope
Leaves

Tools:
Shovel

Description:
It's a hidden hole in the ground surrounded by sharpened stakes with a snare placed on top. A deer or perhaps zombie steps in it and becomes snared, the stakes make it so it can't move around too much. Perfect for keeping prey in place.
Example:
image.jpg image.jpg

Vegalyp

Schizophrenic Wooden Plank
Backer
An addition that I would like to add is a trap for birds:

It would require wodden planks and a chicken wire, which would be common in rural areas for trapping smaller game, but could be easily adapted to hold birds with the addition of a net.

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
I believe that this game should use one of the most common traps out there. Snare traps. And not just a plonk it down anywhere and you catch a rabbit within 5 minutes I mean the sort of look around the forrest for generated rabbit trails and paths then you pop down the snare leave it for a day or 2 and then if your lucky there'll be a tasty fresh rabbit in your trap just like in the real world. It would also serve as a food source and you could have a wide array of snares like recoil snares that lift your unlucky target out of reach of other preditors or the simple noose snare that you tie around a branch on the floor take your pick!!!