• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Add Mobile Phones

Thread starter Moderator #1

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
So I have searched the forums and cannot find a thread which actually suggests mobile phones (Cell phones) for STN. Now before you say there has. People have posted in other threads about mobiles. This is dedicated to Mobile/Cell phones in Survive The Nights.

The reason I'm suggesting to have mobile phones put into this game is not to actually call other survivors or play games on phones. It's for the survival aspect of them. Now you may be asked "What can you use a Mobile phone for in a survival situation?". Well, as most of you know phones in this day and age have Lithium Ion batteries these can be used to start fires which intern could help you in the most desperate situations.

How to start a fire:

To actually start the fire you will need a phone (for the Lithium Ion battery), something sharp (Knife preferably), some dead/dry grass and some dry/dead wood.

So you open up the phone, take out the Lithium Ion Battery, place it onto a solid surface (a rock) get your knife and pierce into the battery, when the oxygen reacts with the battery it makes a small spark and then goes into flames. At this point you would get the dead/dry grass and place it on top of the battery causing the grass to light and then you've got a successful fire which could help you keep warm during the night.

Here is a video for a clearer view if you didn't understand what I'm on about. Courtesy of Bear Grylls. :)

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I like it, I think it would be fairly realistic that the previous residents of the island had cell/mobile phones. And it would add to the crafting, rather than just finding lithium ion batteries laying around everywhere :)

Thread starter Moderator #3

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
I like it, I think it would be fairly realistic that the previous residents of the island had cell/mobile phones. And it would add to the crafting, rather than just finding lithium ion batteries laying around everywhere :)
Exactly, like I stated, in this day and age, everyone has a mobile phone which has Li Batteries in. Makes sense to add them and if you can make fires from them... Even better! :D

Tally Ho!

DKSan

Backer
Hahaha, just a few days ago i saw this episode of man vs wild and thought this might be a cool thing for STN. I really hope they´ll add this!!:)

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
That totally didn't work in the video! Cuts from spewing smoke -> fire.
Seems like a neat idea though, would be better if there were more uses for a cellphone/Li battery. Adding cellphones solely for the battery, solely for making fire seems a bit off to me.

Thread starter Moderator #6

Lord Goose

Community Mod
Backer
That totally didn't work in the video! Cuts from spewing smoke -> fire.
Seems like a neat idea though, would be better if there were more uses for a cellphone/Li battery. Adding cellphones solely for the battery, solely for making fire seems a bit off to me.
You've got to remember, when the smoke started spewing out of the battery there would still be heat for smoke to appear. As the reaction with the Lithium and Oxygen created more heat, It would eventually create a flame allowing the dry/dead grass to set on fire. No special effects used.

I agree, maybe you can use the phone as a distraction? Play music from it to move zombies out of your way in a tricky situation? Who knows!

Deffenetly something they should think about.

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
Its a great idea! They can have many uses, fire, distraction, music, light, taking pictures, viewing photo's and movies for sanity.........

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah I would like cell phones to use for crafting and general use, I am geussing that we are including smart phones. I posted a thread for a item that is built for giving areas with limited power and infrastructure internet so you would be able to download some app's for survival purpose's. The item is called the BRCK, it can be charged with a car battery, a solar panel or a outlet and it can be easilly equipped with a antenna for a signal boost.

MrsBye

Skittles are the farts of unicorns.
Backer
But if everyone is zombied or fighting zombies who is there to maintain cell towers?

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
But if everyone is zombied or fighting zombies who is there to maintain cell towers?
Did you actually read the post? The cell phones in this instance are NOT used to make calls or play games or use as alarm clocks.. they are only used for their Lithium batteries, which when cracked can make a fire.... the cell towers could be disintegrated, it doesn't matter.... I for one think this idea is brilliant.

MrsBye

Skittles are the farts of unicorns.
Backer
Did you actually read the post? The cell phones in this instance are NOT used to make calls or play games or use as alarm clocks.. they are only used for their Lithium batteries, which when cracked can make a fire.... the cell towers could be disintegrated, it doesn't matter.... I for one think this idea is brilliant.
Actually yes I did....it was meant as a joke...So sorry it wasn't received the way it was meant.

Castillo

Survivor
Backer
With that being said, I don't see why adding satellite phones would be a bad idea. They seem pretty useful, and they use satellites instead of cellphone towers. Basically, their coverage is (almost) everywhere.