• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Air Bag Trap!!! Better then it sounds ok -.-

Should this be a trap for STN Alpha/Beta or whatever is released!

• Or... you can be a bunch of pansies!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

Brody

As my Father drove me home from my daily circus agenda (FlyingFruitFlyCircus, look it up Baitches!) I decided I would rest both my feet on the dash. I came to the sudden conclusion that my Dad was not a very good driver and if disaster struck at any moment, the air bag would surely send both my knees through my eye sockets :rolleyes:. I realised air bags are actually pretty powerful and posed the question "How do airbags go off beloved, lunatic driving Father of mine", and he responded with "Shall I hit the brakes and we find out?". Obviously, I wasn't to keen on the idea of this so I sat quietly until we got home. After I'd done some more research, I found that airbags actually had a compact explosive fit behind the bag and not an actual tank of gas. As I researched for the next hour I found that the iconic show Mythbusters had actually conducted an experiment in which Buster is sat in a chair ontop of 1 airbag. He ended up 15 feet in the air once the charge to the airbag had been turned on. As I've always aspired to create my own post-apocalyptic genre game myself, I've always tried coming up with ingenious, creative and original traps and objects. One such trap popped into my mind and that was an Airbag Claymore!@#$%^&*() DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! Anyway, because of the compact design of the airbag and its explosive unit, I thought that you might be able to hook up a tripwire to a battery connected to where the current would normally enter the airbag to set it off and if you are close enough, it could seriously maim, injure or make oneself unpleasantly sore in the melon. SO WHY ARE YOU ALL HERE YOU SAY! Well, I pose that we perhaps have an airbag trap... you could scavenge the airbag from car wrecks or whatever the devs want u to get them from and add them with string and batteries or something like that, and hey, you might even be able to add nails for extra damage.

(Isn't this just the longest fucking explanation or a trap involving a battery, controlled gas exerting explosive and canvas bag you've ever heard! o_O)

Cheers for taking the useless time to read my garble gents!

Admin #2

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Wait a minute, are you telling me you're in the circus?!
Hehe shows how far JB got into that :p

But @Brody this is a cool idea... you could set one up as a trap in a pillow-case or the seat of a chair :)

Thread starter #4

Brody

Yea, or on walls or in alleyways or something I think it would be pretty cool and yea im actually in a circus.

Thread starter #5

Brody

The only circus with its own school in the southern hemisphere

XD went to to much trouble to type that airbag suggestion

Admin #6

JB_

Developer
Developer

bhunter

Backer
Brody total love the idea. and btw next time he says something shall i hit the brakes and lets find out say yes ^^ it wont activate it and when it dont. say Wait that did not work daddy lemme show you how its done sit put. find the closet metal pipe of sort. most likely youll have a tire cross in the back and hammer it into the front and see him get a airbag to the face :). but for the fact of the little explosive behind the bag its pretty powerful. like would be able to brake bones and what not. so Do not try this at home and put the coffee away JB

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Will this run the game (I know ive asked this so many times before)

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/mwave-intel-vector-34-gaming-pc-ab60433

The GTX card is a bit on the low but I could sell it and get it replaced later with a gtx 970 perhaps
I obviously don't the know the requirements of the game, but this computer looks pretty solid, I think It will run it just fine. Although be careful with that Seagate hard drive inside, that brand isn't known for high survival rates, last about a year on average. That is just my speculation though, so good luck, hope it goes alright.

JB_

Developer
Developer
Thread starter #15

Brody

No im not backer :p this is my only computer and it runs minecraft on 30 fps so.... its actually my school issued computer i just like following threads and stuff i wont be able to play the game for ages but i won 20$ free for amazon from a giveaway in a stream on twitch i follow if u tell me how to send that can i be a backer?

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
No im not backer :p this is my only computer and it runs minecraft on 30 fps so.... its actually my school issued computer i just like following threads and stuff i wont be able to play the game for ages but i won 20$ free for amazon from a giveaway in a stream on twitch i follow if u tell me how to send that can i be a backer?
http://survivethenights.net/ there is an Amazon payment method on the StN site (check the link) :) Don't know wether your $20 Amazon thing wil work though

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What is your talant as a circus performer @Brody ... i'm just curious :)

Thread starter #18

Brody

Im mostly a juggler, i specialize in Diablo and I also do some stuff called cradle
Diablo:
Aerial Cradle:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Very impresive... no chance i'd go on the wire thing... I don't like heights... well more the fear of the fall than the actual height... safety net or no safety net hehe.