• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Almost Buildings/environment

Thread starter #1

Burr Worntusk

The Cone Worrier
Backer
This one just came to me and I had a look to see if it was anywhere around already. New Homes Estate. Some property developer was in the middle of creating a lovely tract of new luxury homes, roads, school, playground, church etc but the Zombie Apocalypse hit mid-development. So it's all unfinished, houses are just shells, no doors or windows, roads peter out into sand and sub-grade, lots of wood piles around, a few bits of earth moving equipment, trenches, pipes, all the usual stuff you find on a building site and plenty of cones and hard hats lying about too. Would make for a slight change from "Here's another town, just like the last one, except over here."

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Don't know if this has been mentioned else where, but I like it! The more differences in buildings the better.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I like it. I think if implemented, especially on a large scale, there needs to be a variety of building/construction stages so they're not all just "framed" structures.
  • Cleared & graded areas, pinned for digging foundation pour site
  • Holes/trenches in the ground for foundation pours
  • Concrete slabs with pipe fittings coming through
  • Bare framing walls with & without roof trusses (or ceiling/floor trusses for multi-level structures)
  • Partially and/or fully applied exterior plywood
  • Partially and/or fully roofed
  • Partially and/or fully outfitted with windows
  • Partially and/or fully applied exterior siding
  • Rough plumbing, electrical, HVAC
  • Partially and/or fully insulated
  • Partial and/or full sheetrock interior
  • Doors & full/partial trim
  • Cabinets
  • Partially and/or fully painted interior walls
  • Partially and/or fully set with flooring & counter tops
  • Appliances, fixtures, etc. added
  • Driveway & concrete (walkways and such)
  • Decks (if applicable)
  • Fences (if applicable)
  • Landscaping (trees, grass, flowers, etc.)

Perhaps that's too much variety, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I am not sure if I have heard this idea yet (Theirs loads on the forum now :D)... I do like this alot including the variety of buildings, this would be a great place to scavenge for things and also serve as a reminder of times gone by.

Last edited:

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I love the Idea of construction sites such as new residential buildings half developed. Would be a great source for brick, block, mortar, plywood, nails, tools and ect. +1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Apart from the resources and variety of buildings mentioned in above posts.

I didn't intitialy think about how depending on the site it may be a sutible living area, with already erected construction development fences/walls/barriers, heavy equipment lying around i.e construction vehicles and if the building is big enough a construction elevevator.

---