• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Alpha Trailer Feedback

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
It will be interesting to see how free item placement works, since there isnt a traditional storage inventory, will items stay persistent or get deleted on server restarts?

Just came from youtube and its upseting reading some of those comments. Mostly complaining about animations. Today people only see negatives, if half of what we seen makes it into alpha release, this game still has more content than most AAA zombie survival games.
There's not much I can add to everyones comments, but I'd like to add something to the above from @Id-airgrafix ... my understanding is that if you use a storage box, items will be persistant on a server. That's a guess based on what I can remember from the stress tests and the forums. So don't quote me!
Yes, the internet is a hard place to be. It's great to see everyone in this post is so supportive.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
It will be interesting to see how free item placement works, since there isnt a traditional storage inventory, will items stay persistent or get deleted on server restarts?

Just came from youtube and its upseting reading some of those comments. Mostly complaining about animations. Today people only see negatives, if half of what we seen makes it into alpha release, this game still has more content than most AAA zombie survival games.
Hehe and one post under this...

Yeah it's always obvious things need not pointing out... but they are anyway :rolleyes:

My answer would be, well if you can animate then lend those hands... I would.

Thread starter #24

Bearnch

Grizzly Survivor
Backer
Watching through the trailer for the hundredth time now and I've gone past the PvP and deer-hunting sections which brought a thought to my mind that I hadn't considered before now in STN.

I understand that there are some really nice bullet penetration mechanics and effects already in, but, what about other gun physics such as bullet travel time and drop? in the hunting segment the rifle fires and there appears to be a slight delay before the deer begins the death animation (I could be wrong, it could just be the animation takes a second to trigger or the animation includes the deer standing for a moment before falling).
The shot is at quite a close range so it's hard to tell whether there was some travel time or not. Does someone have information about this topic?

So as to limit the amount of posts I make to my own thread, I'll add this down here:

@a2z(Interactive);, I noticed the humanoid-type creatures in the game have ragdoll physics upon death but the deer/wildlife had a set animation. Is this set to change in the future or stay how it is?

AlexCHREP

I don't want to bring hate or anything like that , the game looks amazing and its very unique I've been waiting for it for 3 years now and finally its so close to coming out, however player/zombies animations need a lot of improving and it should be done asap because the animation for sure drag down the effect of the game, the zombies running in the trailer look just too fake if you know what i mean. But keep up the great work.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I don't want to bring hate or anything like that , the game looks amazing and its very unique I've been waiting for it for 3 years now and finally its so close to coming out, however player/zombies animations need a lot of improving and it should be done asap because the animation for sure drag down the effect of the game, the zombies running in the trailer look just too fake if you know what i mean. But keep up the great work.
I've been waiting about the same length of time.
The trailer is for the alpha release.
The Dev team, the forum Mods and the whole community here is passionate about this game. That's the most fantastic thing.
I do agree that there will need to be a bit of 'polishing' and 'fine tuning' after the game drops.
As members of the community, it will be our job to identify issues [find any remaining bugs] when the game is released.
Honestly? The Dev team are probably running low on cash. If we can all get behind the game a little more [hype train time after release!] and help further sales with non-prejudiced comments on whatever social media we choose, then there'll me more cash in the bank to finesse any issues.
Myself, I thought the trailer was fantastic. I've never met a zombie IRL, who can say how they should move?

Rat Kid

Backer
Honestly one of my most favorite things was the soundtrack they played during the trailer. It hyped me up so much especially when things start really getting intense and the tone of the music does as well.

Animations need work but they already have, check out older videos of the zombies they looked a lot wonky then they do now. (PS Animations will be fixed I am sure.)

Curious to know how many guns and ammo types there are, also word on melee combat to killing zombies?

Also curious as how many zombies can be on screen at once? I really want to see some hordes. :)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@Rat Kid , may I ask if you managed to take part in any of the stress tests? The soundtrack was almost the same on those.
As to guns, well, pistols and rifles are there, you can check out the 'pick ups' here:
I believe [please bear in mind I'm just a backer/forum member, and not connected with the team or mods] that we'll encounter up to 10 zombies in a horde , at least. That's me speculating based on the alpha trailer. But they'll all be a scary as [insert your own four letter rude word here]. They'll be fast (at night) and swarm all over you! Hope you've got a weapon and some friends to help!

Rat Kid

Backer
@Rat Kid , may I ask if you managed to take part in any of the stress tests? The soundtrack was almost the same on those.
As to guns, well, pistols and rifles are there, you can check out the 'pick ups' here:
I believe [please bear in mind I'm just a backer/forum member, and not connected with the team or mods] that we'll encounter up to 10 zombies in a horde , at least. That's me speculating based on the alpha trailer. But they'll all be a scary as [insert your own four letter rude word here]. They'll be fast (at night) and swarm all over you! Hope you've got a weapon and some friends to help!
Sadly during the last stress test I was in the process of moving business locations and had no time to be apart of it :(. Thank you though for the information and def for the video.