• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Am I cheating?

Thread starter #1

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
As many of you know, I normally play on the EU2 experimental server, and have a stash of stuff in a building North of Sage Creek at 1704/85/1480. There's clean water and a can opener in the fridge (just put the can opener back, please) and leave something there to let me know you've visited. I've a lot of stuff there for anyone who needs it.

But am I cheating?

I haven't memorised all of the map yet. So when I die, that happens quite a lot, I use my respawn co-ordinates at the bottom right of my screen in conjunction with those mentioned above to get 'home'.

Is that cheating? Or just using the game to help me survive another night?

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Man thats not cheating your just using the available in game mechanics :p Eventually that'll be removed. Try to learn the map layout particularly landmarks, it'll give you a leg up in the future.

Thread starter #3

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm familiar with most of the spawn locations, there's just a couple that I'm not that conversant with yet. It either costs me another day to get my bearings, or I use the co-ords to 'assist' me, usually the latter.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
All good man, you'll get there. I haven't played much lately really waiting for vehicles to be added.

RaakaKarju

Backer
I have running litlle too much in map, normally it takes about less than minute to know where i'm in map.
Now there is lot more houses, but when there was that bug which allowed to run whithout losing stamina i just running all over map and try to learn all roads.

Thread starter #6

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think we all agree that learning the map and the spawn points is an essential part of the game, especially if you have a stash to go back to. This will be more important as the game develops , with both zombies and players dropping loot.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Yep most certainly. One thing ive learnt is to tell the time by the position of the sun.

Thread starter #8

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I learnt the time by position of the sun thing as a boy scout in the UK, even knowing how to get a accurate fix on North using it's position and an analogue watch. It's great the Dev team have implemented that in the game, it does make things easier.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
I learnt the time by position of the sun thing as a boy scout in the UK, even knowing how to get a accurate fix on North using it's position and an analogue watch. It's great the Dev team have implemented that in the game, it does make things easier.
Yeah its a nice dynamic. You really have to know your sense of direction to get around on foot without a compass.