• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

AMD 18.8.1 drivers pile of crap

Thread starter #1

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Last edited:
Moderator #2

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I always read the release notes now before updating my drivers. Started playing R6 Siege a shit ton over the past year, and was used to just updating to the latest drivers, but then my gpu would crash out. Started looking at the release notes - Known Issue
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege may experience an application hang when breaching walls with grenades or explosives.
This persisted over 2 or 3 different driver versions, making the game unplayable, so I rolled back the driver and kept an eye on the release notes and waited to until it was resolved before updating the drivers again.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Yeah really those drivers are screwy, pcs working 100% better since i rolled back. Man screw AMD as bad as Nvidia they didn't used to be like this. My confidence was majorly knocked in AMD after they released their poor effort in making a cpu to compete with Core I. I dont think they'll ever return to competition status with Intel. But Intel suck too cause they forgot about gamers and only care about profits these days.