• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Amount of items during looting

Thread starter #1

Silly_Ghillie

Blending since August 27th 2014
Backer
I have an idea where, if your inside a building, you would not find lets say a pack of 100 bullets, but you would find 2 or 5 in a pile so you really need to scavenge a lot. You would also need to search the building from top to bottom to find stuff. Like move shelves to find bullets, or lift up wood floors to find a secret compartment. Also you can move shelves or other object really slowly to fortify your position. You can also have a certain percentage of water in a bottle that is outside a supermarket or a convenience store.

CptMugwash

Backer
I think the sparsely scattered ammo is a given, but the idea of moving furniture and stuff is pretty cool, I hadn't really thought about it much. Lifting up a floor board to hide something would be pretty cool too, some good ideas there. I think in one video we see a guy taking apart a fence and using that to barricade so I'd imagine the shelves would work similarly.

Thread starter #3

Silly_Ghillie

Backer
Another idea pertaining to ammo. You can pick up your spent ammo shells and you can "make" your own bullets with iron or something. You will need to find gunpowder and iron or something similar to remake the bullet. Same with shotgun shells. Here's a video that demonstrates nails in shotgun shells-
(Has some swears in it)

Thread starter #4

Silly_Ghillie

Backer
I also know how to use Blender so I could make some 3D models for the devs

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
Reloading ammo takes a lot of work if its not a shotgun shell! I have been reloading 556 and 308 forever and if there was a zombie apocalypse that would come to a stop real quick. Although still doing 12G wouldn't be so bad since it requires a quarter the resources.

Jared Kaufman

Official Hero Bandit
Backer
I have an idea where, if your inside a building, you would not find lets say a pack of 100 bullets, but you would find 2 or 5 in a pile so you really need to scavenge a lot. You would also need to search the building from top to bottom to find stuff. Like move shelves to find bullets, or lift up wood floors to find a secret compartment. Also you can move shelves or other object really slowly to fortify your position. You can also have a certain percentage of water in a bottle that is outside a supermarket or a convenience store.
The thing is that if you were to find ammo it would, more realistically, be found rarely in a small pile, but more commonly in boxes that contain 20 to over 50 rounds.

Thread starter #7

Silly_Ghillie

Backer
The thing is that if you were to find ammo it would, more realistically, be found rarely in a small pile, but more commonly in boxes that contain 20 to over 50 rounds.
Yeah but it's post apocalyptic, all the rednecks took the ammo and left behind a couple bullets that they couldn't take or fell out of the box. But the boxes would be a nice addition

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
I hope this game does a good job of making loot as realistic as possible. When you referred to, say, quantities of ammo you would find at once, I agree. Looters often are highly destructive and knock over shelving units, etc. The best chance of finding ammo or really the only remaining means would be collecting bullets that spilled when shelves, holds where overturned.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Until the game is released we wont know how loot works.
Hiding loot in Stn will be much easier than any other game due to free placement. But how will free placement work, will my bullets hidden behind a couch disappear once the server gets wiped or loot respawns??

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I do hope the loot is as realistic as possible. Unfortunately this doesn't mean you'd find one or two bullets in one place, if you found bullets, it'd likely be an unopened box unless they are already in a gun. I do think a fair amount of civilians would have carried a weapon at least for self-defense, so I think handguns should be able to be located in every couple of houses, but if you want to find it you seriously need to scavenge, open every cabinet, search the fridge, look under the bed, etc. etc. And airgrafix I doubt the placement items would be wiped at all unless all servers are wiped. Because you wouldn't have seen people free-placing their guns, ammo, fuel, etc. if it were gonna be gone in a few minutes.