• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Animal Feeders

Thread starter #1
Scattered around the island in forest areas. Some will have food (like corn) already inside them, all you need to sit there and wait for your prey. Sooner or later the feeder will run out, so you'll need to refuel it with corn or whatever animals eat nowadays. The feeders can be picked up and placed wherever the player wants it to be.
Happy hunting!

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Ah, I love the search tool...

+1
These would be great, as you would not need to spend any valuable calories chasing/stalking your pray...

I'd also love some simple ones that are craft-able that you can place...

Hmmm... I got a thought and it's on-topic, a zombie feeder?

Basically the same thing but you would use, inedible/unwanted meat and blood (but because of mentality, preferably animal meat/blood)... might be good to keep them busy for a awhile while your scavenging around the area, because the zeds are mainly hiding indoors (shadowy areas) you'd fill one up with meat so by the time they come out at night the first place they might move toward would be the feeder giving you some time to do your thing...

Edit: I drew a quick concept of what one could look like, a suspended net with meat and bells tied too the net and the wooden leg posts and a meat cooler to keep some meat fresh.

The bells would/could ring when your hanging the net and also when the zeds are tearing at the meat and alert the survivor(s) that the free buffet is under way... and maybe it would draw in more zeds to the feast, leaving the surrounding area relatively free of zed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I really like the idea of finding these out in the wilderness as if they've been there for a while (i.e. not player placed), and especially like the idea of them being interactable. These would be necessary if animal husbandry ever makes it into the game.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I really like the idea of finding these out in the wilderness as if they've been there for a while (i.e. not player placed), and especially like the idea of them being interactable. These would be necessary if animal husbandry ever makes it into the game.
Something small (birdhouse size) to draw in small vermin/birds as a craft-able one and that can only be nailed on a post/tree or fence... nothing big enough to bring in large game... don't want to make it too easy.