• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Animal footprints and false footprints

Thread starter #1

bob0228

Backer
So I was wondering if the animals in the game were to leave footprints which could be used for tracking them down for hunting. So I came up with something I think could add something interesting to the game. The ability to make false animal footprints in mud/snow. First you would need to kill an animal and "harvest" it to retrieve a Paw item which then could be used to create a Print Maker (Wolf, Fox, Deer, or Bear) which could then be used to lead players following the prints away from loot stashes, bases or even into certain traps. Especially the bear footprints which could be used to scare off players. I think this could be very useful and add something new to the game. Note: I wasn't sure if I should've put this under gameplay or items since it is kind of both so sorry for that. :D

Davz Not Here

Backer
+1
adds to what PvP may take place (or further the goal of avoiding it for some)

First you would need to kill an animal and "harvest" it to retrieve a Paw item which then could be used to create a Print Maker (Wolf, Fox, Deer, or Bear)
i think it would be better, if we do see some kind of skill system, to add this under 'hunting' or 'wood working' and that the item would be, either way, made of wood

in reality it would last longer, nad retain it's form (leave better tracks) longer, than if it was made of flesh that not only would rot away over time ..... but will most likely attract zombies

Thread starter #3

bob0228

Backer
+1
adds to what PvP may take place (or further the goal of avoiding it for some)

i think it would be better, if we do see some kind of skill system, to add this under 'hunting' or 'wood working' and that the item would be, either way, made of wood

in reality it would last longer, nad retain it's form (leave better tracks) longer, than if it was made of flesh that not only would rot away over time ..... but will most likely attract zombies
Yeah, sounds like a really good idea

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Cunning idea, so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a fox...

I like the idea of making one from wood as well.... someone like me with no hunting experience would most likely think of cutting a paw off and using that only to find out that making one would be more efficient and bring less attention i.e smell of the limb or carcass.
+1