• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Architects Corner Shop!

What time period best suits Your needs roughly (includes every country's cultral architecture )

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter Banned #1
Hi there all! im 1 of 2 in the Zombied Backer section and im just here laying down some suggestions/concerns i have for the game but also id loved to hear your thoughts on what types of biuldings we neeeeed :D !. Just as the Devs say this should be more fortifying buildings rather then creating said structure but i also think we should be able to find a house that has spawned certain extension to it randomly like that garage attachment or even a basement. Also with that in mind, more variety of buildings.

Do we go more small farming communities out lying a greater city that we shall call the capital. I'm seeing people talk about more rural settings but no place to put these ideas down on one thread. I'm for both but i still want some meat! we need at least "a" densly populated area('s)of towns with no skyscapers ofc but more stuff like this
Bars/Pubs

Department Stores/ Home depot, Ronna, Dicks Lumber yard,etc

Electronic Stores/ Bestbuy, Radioshak, etc

Sea port/Large Docks with administrative buildings/ boat repair hanger

civilian housing/ max floors?/ appartments(3 lvls)? cottages?

Military bases/ outposts / small and large

Community Police cop shop with jail cells inc

Small Gun shops/ army surplus store etc

Grocery Stores/ Superstore/ PC Foods/ Walmart/ small domestic ones

Car mechanic Shops/ Large to small

Lumber Mills on rivers or out in forested area

Coal Mines

Emergency centers/small lifegaurd post/ firehalls/ ambulances/ etc

and so much more id like to hear from all you, THE CITY PLANNERs, THE ARCHITECTs and the THE PERSONALIZED Packers! what buildings are you thinking about in your heads! Think about looting options when coming up with ideas. Do we have a biulding Motif, or a time line to base a motif off of, mabye. How should the lay out of the towns go? i could turn stuff into a polls to show a support standing. we can show the devs what we want to support.

From your friendly Zombi-ed player you prob should shoot!

JB_

Developer
Developer
We don't have a specific time/location. I would say it's the modern 1900+ heck, 1990+. The majority of our already created structures are modern. That's not to say that you'll not stumble upon structures of a past time way out in the woods etc.

JB_

Developer
Developer

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
That maybe put bear by them but also a cave network
If we can pull them off, we've thought about caves and in towns maybe sewer systems. Using them as an alternative means of travel. Caves as a spot to live, up in the mountains away from everyone.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
Liking the small towns / rural elements which is in keeping with the island / map size. Larger the island, then the more freedom you have to include more.

Obviously infrasture and intended buildings would also be in keeping of that of a small/medium island - so no massive airports or huge malls.
I love the idea of a ruined town which houses a lot of resources at the cost of masses of zombies. As said by the devs above maybe a sewer line could be a safer way of scavenging within an environment such as this.

Somewhere like the Magdalen Islands in the U.S. is a good example of island an community or in the UK Orkney/Shetland islands.
I know the devs have already built up a large part of the environment already but looking at images of the above gives you an indication of the kind of architecture and buildings which would be good to see.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
I like the sewer system idea would be cool if you have to have like two people to lift off the cover or something like that. It should be less populated by zombies because........ How would they get in?

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
I like the sewer system idea would be cool if you have to have like two people to lift off the cover or something like that. It should be less populated by zombies because........ How would they get in?
fall in or wander into a large pipe that leads into it

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Yea I guess

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
But not very likely

Thread starter Banned #17
well to be honest you guys, unless its a overfill aqueduct from the septic plant or a Hydro Dam/ Power plant burning off water do to flooding u cant enter septic piping lol way to small. you would have to be a small child or infant most rural towns or city have minimum 4inch and maximum 12" piping and even then you would suffocate from sewer gases but nice try :p but by all means poop is pooop

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I'm certainly hoping this is something 1990+. Although that jeep looked far too old for my taste. Do we start that thing with a crank? :p