• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Arm your Vehicles?

Thread starter #1
Find scrap pole's a few pieces of wood maybe, and a few hinge's, add a little duct tape and boom you have yourself a Mountable gun, even if you choose to take it apart later all you'll need is some more duct tape to remount the rifle or whatever you chose to mount on the contraption! This contraption can be placed on roof's wall's even on the dirt outside a Store if you please to Repel large hordes of Zombies without worrying about so much shaking from your hands! the only issue is if your using a old hunting rifle or sum thing the ammo can be tricky to reload into your magazine in time so maybe you should rethink the idea of using a bolt action to cover your house ;) but you do what you have to with what you have, I think if they could work a system into the game for all the guns it would be amazing, maybe that nail gun and pneumatic pipe could be useful on a mount like this?
A few extra pipes, tape, and a compressor, you have a Great nail gun Turret! the possibility's are endless, but the nails may be a little shorthanded. but nailing the base together from a distance or maybe adding a few stationary zed to warn the wary player's venturing toward you that they should be cautious could be helpful.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
It would depend on what guns were availible semi auto guns would be the best. What type of mountable gun do you mean, do you mean one you control like on a tripod or a fixed one. From your post about mounting it on walls and the outside of cars I am geussing you mean a fixed one like the kind you see in combat racing games. It's possible since they already have the shotgun trap you could do the same with any rifle but attached to something so you can pull the trigger from afar. You could use any gun but anything but a semiauto or full auto weapon would need to have it's action recycled after every shot. You could make a mechinism to work a bolt action mechinism or pump but would be pretty complicated.

A semi auto weapon would be your best bet but they will probably be rarer then pump or bolt action weapons. The most frequent ons would probably be pistols and like you said nailguns. I had posted a trap made from two nailguns, a sawhorse, and a home motion sensor and some other things to make a mounted system. The nailguns would have to be customized since most recent nailguns have a safety that do not allow the gun to be fired unless pressed aginst a surface. The next best thing would be a semi auto pistol which I have seen some DIY gun mounts for but they would be pretty complicated.

Also if you like heavy duty mounted weapons I have one based off of one of my DIY weapons, it's called The Fire Breather. It's a large DIY flamethrower mounted on a really cool tripod for telescopes.
http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/firebreather.2339/

Edit: The photo you made needs to be put on a photo sharing site I believe like photobucket.

Thread starter #4
It would depend on what guns were availible semi auto guns would be the best. What type of mountable gun do you mean, do you mean one you control like on a tripod or a fixed one. From your post about mounting it on walls and the outside of cars I am geussing you mean a fixed one like the kind you see in combat racing games. It's possible since they already have the shotgun trap you could do the same with any rifle but attached to something so you can pull the trigger from afar. You could use any gun but anything but a semiauto or full auto weapon would need to have it's action recycled after every shot. You could make a mechinism to work a bolt action mechinism or pump but would be pretty complicated.

A semi auto weapon would be your best bet but they will probably be rarer then pump or bolt action weapons. The most frequent ons would probably be pistols and like you said nailguns. I had posted a trap made from two nailguns, a sawhorse, and a home motion sensor and some other things to make a mounted system. The nailguns would have to be customized since most recent nailguns have a safety that do not allow the gun to be fired unless pressed aginst a surface. The next best thing would be a semi auto pistol which I have seen some DIY gun mounts for but they would be pretty complicated.

Also if you like heavy duty mounted weapons I have one based off of one of my DIY weapons, it's called The Fire Breather. It's a large DIY flamethrower mounted on a really cool tripod for telescopes.
http://www.community.survivethenights.net/threads/firebreather.2339/

Edit: The photo you made needs to be put on a photo sharing site I believe like photobucket.
Well im thinking a moving mount, using hinges and Pipes to control movement, such as running a pipe between the boards and securing the gun with duct tape, then running a pipe through the wood base of the Mount to another Surface to make turning possible, as for the bolt action/Semi auto weapons, as i mentioned using a bolt action or semi auto would severely reduce reloading, i mean in a survival situation it wouldn't be practical to pull back the lever and the average survivor probably wont know how to make a system to auto cycle, so you'd have to reach around and reload manually each shot or keep pulling! as your level in the game progress's a way around could be devised and the mount could be upgraded, or made from scratch with such intelligence! As for the nail gun i'd say slap a piece of duct ape strong enough to hold back the piece and let it rip! the idea of a Pneumatic weapon mount would be Irreplaceable if you can pressurize a tank and use it you'd be silent but deadly, to an extent, the nail gun still makes noise while the air pressure is being released

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah I would like that for mounting weapons on windowsill's and defenses, on vehicles they would only be good for open areas of vehicles like the back of a truck where a passenger could work the action and reload it. I can think of some good parts that could make a good swivel mount.

A 360 degree swivel bar clamp bracket would work really well for this idea and other weapon and trap ideas.
http://vectormount.com/media/catalo...8a55728e79b48334e699243c07/p/i/pia_clamp1.jpg

and a Swivel Coupler.
http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/shop/images/products/t57100.jpg
https://www.roadieworks.eu/bilder/produkte/gross/Atom-Swivel-Coupler-25mm-silver.jpg

Thread starter #6
the idea is to use cheap resource's found easily, the guns and components to such things would obviously be difficult to obtain already. the pipes could function as both a piece for the mount and the swivel, ill make a decent picture and post it up for view some time soon!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
the idea is to use cheap resource's found easily, the guns and components to such things would obviously be difficult to obtain already. the pipes could function as both a piece for the mount and the swivel, ill make a decent picture and post it up for view some time soon!
I'll have too look up how rare the parts I posted are but I think the 360 bar clamps are used on bicycles to hold objects. Here is a picture of a cheaper one on a bicycle.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...shlight-Torch-LED-Mount-Holder-Clip-Clamp.jpg

What do you think, i'm just throwing out part ideas, i'll have to see your pic to understand your initial design.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1
Was going to post the idea but the search bar brought me here :)

After seeing the way fortification is done so far, I see this plausible and practical and easy for them to-do... like most items the quality/grade would depend on what materials used, complicated/heavy duty ones use more/better materials and last longer and give better stability compared to the easy and quick ones made from pipes, door hinges etc that would come loose the more shots you take using it.

I'd guess that the more "flimsy" one that you make could only hold smaller/light firearms like crossbow and small caliber rifle etc and the heavy duty could hold high caliber rifles/long-guns, shotguns etc.

It would also be nice of you could upgrade the heavy duty one built only on safe-house windows to have a shield for some protection against small arms fire.

Davz Not Here

Backer
+1
how the hell did i not see this before?