• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Aspects Of Towing

Do you think towing should have these aspects ?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Extracactus

Backer
When I saw this game on Frankie's Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/FRANKIEonPCin1080p)
I was happy that this game would have towing in it. Which makes me think about the aspects of towing in real
life, and how this game would use these aspects. As someone like me who has been around trailers for most of their life I would like to see some of these aspects (that I will discuses now) thought about when developing STN. If any of you would like to contribute to the discussion about your thoughts, I would be happy to hear them.

Towing power
depending on the size of the trailer I would like to see appropriate vehicle's towing them. What I mean by this is not letting some vehicles tow only 1-2 types of trailers, but the speed at which maybe a smaller car over a 4x4 car would tow a caravan. It would be slower.

Towing ability
In real life not all cars have a tow bar. such as small city cars, But depending on the location this may not need to be addressed.

Items needed for towing
In real life some vehicles have the ability to take the tow bar off the vehicle which would mean some vehicles after the zombies come may not have the tow bar attached which would mean if you wanted to tow a trailer of some sort you would need to find one and attach it to the vehicle. Of course some vehciles would spawn in with these on.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear back about your thoughts.

Last edited:

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Love the idea of having to find the tow bar, at first glance i thought it was going be another "can we tow cars with our cars" thread. with the realism of cars power yea id like some cars only tow certain size things but idk how big of items they will put in the game that could be towed cause ive seen small cars towing big items

Mister Joe

AJ's Best Buddy
Backer
Caravans aren't necessarily that heavy, being made of carbon fibre. Of course some vehicles would struggle to tow them uphill.

On the other hand however, some vehicles have ridiculous torque : size : weight ratio...

Land Rover Defender 90, with a 2.5 litre in-line four cylinder turbo diesel engine.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Well thats true but like i said we arent certain whats going be towable in the game and its not like im going be towing a yaht around lol but still love the complex towing

Thread starter #7

Extracactus

Backer
Caravans aren't necessarily that heavy, being made of carbon fibre. Of course some vehicles would struggle to tow them uphill.

On the other hand however, some vehicles have ridiculous torque : size : weight ratio...

Land Rover Defender 90, with a 2.5 litre in-line four cylinder turbo diesel engine.

That is a good point and something that that the developers may look into. Like the torque, size, weight..etc for each vehicle that they add to the game.

ResveZ

Backer

This is a great Idea, and "Joe" has made a great point.
Maybe a weight/power relation between the caravan and the engine pushing it?
In my opinion if cars had a durability system, towing something should greatly affect this.

Mister Joe

AJ's Best Buddy
Backer
Well thats true but like i said we arent certain whats going be towable in the game and its not like im going be towing a yaht around lol but still love the complex towing
We aren't certain what's going to be towable, yeah, but I'd say it's pretty clear we're going to be loading trailers up with planks of wood and cinderblocks, and they aren't light once you start collecting a lot of them. It's not going to be that much different to towing the weight of a yacht. c:

ResveZ

Backer
I agree there should be advantages and disadvantages of fortifying, specially on towable objects. It's unfair if a massive 7,5m fortified caravan has the same speed and manoeuvrability as a 4,5m carbon fibre one...

- Remember "Shawn of the Dead" when they use small side holes on the caravan to poke out electric chain saw's at shin height? that would be awesome!

Last edited:

JB_

Developer
Developer
When I saw this game on Frankie's Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/FRANKIEonPCin1080p)
I was happy that this game would have towing in it. Which makes me think about the aspects of towing in real
life, and how this game would use these aspects. As someone like me who has been around trailers for most of their life I would like to see some of these aspects (that I will discuses now) thought about when developing STN. If any of you would like to contribute to the discussion about your thoughts, I would be happy to hear them.

Towing power
depending on the size of the trailer I would like to see appropriate vehicle's towing them. What I mean by this is not letting some vehicles tow only 1-2 types of trailers, but the speed at which maybe a smaller car over a 4x4 car would tow a caravan. It would be slower.

Towing ability
In real life not all cars have a tow bar. such as small city cars, But depending on the location this may not need to be addressed.

Items needed for towing
In real life some vehicles have the ability to take the tow bar off the vehicle which would mean some vehicles after the zombies come may not have the tow bar attached which would mean if you wanted to tow a trailer of some sort you would need to find one and attach it to the vehicle. Of course some vehciles would spawn in with these on.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear back about your thoughts.
Yes this is exactly how we feel it should work. Nice one! :)

Thread starter #13

Extracactus

Backer
Yes this is exactly how we feel it should work. Nice one! :)
Thank you all for the ideas and thoughts. Thank you JB_ as well for your reply on the ideas. It will be fun to see how these aspects will be used in the game.

:) :) :)