• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

AU servers

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I was just wondering if there are going to be any Australian servers in the near future?
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure they have some... unless they've been taken down, 1 sec I'll check...

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yeah they gone atm bud, sorry if I gave any false hope there... they may be bringing them back later but I can't say for sure myself.

Best to get a better answer from one of the crew so gonna tag @Clinton :)

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm from the UK. so normally play on EU servers, but have played on US ones with ping times over 150ms. The game still works fine for me on them. But where are the servers now for people outside the US or EU? I'm also going to tag @Clinton here, see if we can get an answer.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Ouch.
Is your internet connection and rig good enough to make the game playable?
I'll tag him again, where's @Clinton to let us know what's happening with servers? Or if the rental possibility for non EU/US servers is still available through his company?

DZS

Survivor
Backer
No clue where Clintons got too prob hiding out in a server room drinking kofi. Anyway, the Aus servers will make a return but they spun them down cause of low player counts. Logical

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
Sorry guys, for some reason I didn't get notified. The demand was extremely low for Australian servers so they were taken down. As I'm sure you're all aware server hosting is Australia is much more expensive than the US and EU and the lack of players on the Australian servers didn't really make the cost worth it.

When there's more demand and the game reaches more playable states with more and more players we'll be bringing them back as well as other locations if requested.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Thank-you for the reply @Clinton .
It seems the number of servers generally available has gone down in the last year. I only see about half a page in the server browser now.
At the risk of placing a gratuitous plug for https://allgamer.net/, could you please post a link for people interested in hosting STN servers and perhaps start a thread on how us ignoramus plebs can set up and run one?
Back to the OP, can you still provide servers in the AU with decent local ping times and space?

Clinton

Server Administrator
AllGamer Staff
At the moment Australia is off the table unless there was a lot more demand. The number of servers is lower than it used to be, but more just aren't required at the moment. When things ramp back up again we'll increase the official servers to meet the players.

I'm pinging @JB_ in case he wants to chime in.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Sounds like a bit of a catch 22 situation... No servers, no players. It sounds like a tough call. I do agree that for players in the US or EU we have got sufficient coverage at the moment. Based in the UK, I've even found ping times to US servers still give me an enjoyable game experience.

I'd still like to see a link or thread to help us hosting noobs get our own servers up and running for STN.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Last edited:

DZS

Survivor
Backer
At the moment Australia is off the table unless there was a lot more demand. The number of servers is lower than it used to be, but more just aren't required at the moment. When things ramp back up again we'll increase the official servers to meet the players.

I'm pinging @JB_ in case he wants to chime in.

Chuc

Backer
damn a bit of a bummer. We are to far away from the EU/US servers to get any good connection, even with fast Nbn the best server is over 200 ping.

oh well shit happens i guess. Don't wait to long to put them up if you are going to because it may get to late and no Aussie will buy the game. Its happened to a lot of games before. Also back in the kickstarter you said there would be Aussie servers for testing. Well anyway i spose i'll wait for dedicated server files and just run my own.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
At the risk of being stereotypical here @Chuc , once the fishing and cooking mechanics come in fully, I anticipate a flood of Australian purchases of the game just so they can chuck some shrimps on the barbie!

But, seriously, I believe there were servers available during the play testing in Australia. With luck, as the game becomes more polished, uptake across the globe will mean more official servers available.

Like you, I'm also waiting for the server files to be made available. I have the computing power and network speed to host this game. How am I so sure of that, well it wouldn't be the first client/server game I've hosted.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
OK, where are the servers? I can only see four right now, 2 each for the US and EU. have I got my settings wrong, or should I be concerned about this fantastic game?

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Hopefully nothing, it makes sense to drop off unneeded servers. Noticed there's been very little activity on the forum from JB and team i suspect their deep in development trying to get things sorted as the game really needs to go listed on steam. End of the day for significant continued development money is needed, for all we know people have had to take out bank loans or seek other forms of finance. Speculation aside they are committed and im sure will take every effort to make sure things stay afloat. A lack of communication with updates is a good thing it means people are working hard.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I agree, sounds like the team @a2z(Interactive); need some more coffee! When I said I could only see four servers, that was filtering results for the experimental branch.