• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Backpacks/Storage

Do you want other storage options besides your default inventory?

• No I don't want backpacks, gym bags etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

ZacharyM

Backer
I would like to see a DayZ/Arma backpack style were you can find better Backpacks or allows you to make backpacks and when you search through the backpack you have to quickly take it off and put it on the ground to access the backpacks contents. And perhaps also have this for: purses, gym bags, a child’s lunch bag and fanny packs as quick access storage?
backpacks.jpg

Affirmatron

Backer
I like the idea of different bags having different access modes, big camping pack you have to take off, fanny pack you can just dig around in but can only hold like, say, painkillers and small electrical part size stuff. Bullets, etc.

Vegalyp

Schizophrenic Wooden Plank
Backer
I would also like to see the general concept expanded to more than just backpacks, but also to clothing. Perhaps, like what Affirmatron, clothes with pockets can carry slightly more than clothes without pockets. Hunter's clothing or cargo pants/shorts could have an increase, where jeans and a t-shirt might not have any increase to carrying capacity.

These are all great ideas so long as players are not running around with full m16 or hunting rifles in their packs.

To store a rifle or such it should have to be broken down first then our back together after being pulled out.

This way we don't have any naked people running around pulling m16s out of their...... inventory.

Extra weapons should show in their backs or hips.

Maybe players could make a rifle bag that could hold several weapons fully assembled but would be visible across the back and would have to be taken off to have a weapon removed from it.

Vegalyp

Schizophrenic Wooden Plank
Backer
I think breaking them down would be too much, however if the inventory system has slots designated for specific pieces of gear, then perhaps guns could be stored only in large backpacks and not in someone's trouser pockets. Or only one large weapon per person e.g. a rifle.

Ellemirsa

Ji Moon
Backer
I would like to see a DayZ/Arma backpack style were you can find better Backpacks or allows you to make backpacks and when you search through the backpack you have to quickly take it off and put it on the ground to access the backpacks contents. And perhaps also have this for: purses, gym bags, a child’s lunch bag and fanny packs as quick access storage?
View attachment 141
I like the idea where it takes time to look in the bag. Nice~

Ellemirsa

Ji Moon
Backer
And perhaps a third person view of you putting it down and searching th

And perhaps a third person view of you putting it down and searching through; and then swapping back to first person!
While 3rd person view is nice and useful... but its not really realistic. In DayZ... its overused and really.... cheaty I must say.

Thread starter #10

ZacharyM

Backer
These are all great ideas so long as players are not running around with full m16 or hunting rifles in their packs.

To store a rifle or such it should have to be broken down first then our back together after being pulled out.

This way we don't have any naked people running around pulling m16s out of their...... inventory.

Extra weapons should show in their backs or hips.

Maybe players could make a rifle bag that could hold several weapons fully assembled but would be visible across the back and would have to be taken off to have a weapon removed from it.
Or you can put 2 rifles/shotguns/smgs on your back, and handguns either in a holster you've found or putting it your pants.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I like the idea of backpacks as long as they can't hold guns unless the bag is a really big bag or the gun is small. I also like the idea of having to take time to go through the big bags and the smaller ones are quick storage, it also gives a use to holsters and other similar items. On what happens when you are accessing the pack I don't care if it's third person or not but I am leaning towards 1st person, in DayZ it's a really nice feature but it begins to be a crutch. I could see a exploit in the form of Bagging TM where people access their bag's just to spy through 3rd person.

I would really like it if backpacks and other similar items were persistent when placed on the ground, it would have to be done in a way so that it couldn't be exploited by players using tons of packs for storage space like in DayZ. I really liked how the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise used backpacks as loot chest's/storage spaces, my favorite was in Misery where you could place your own backpack and use it as a storage space you could pick up later. It would be cool to search around and find a pack in a small corner that a player had placed but was unable to get back to. It might also lead to instances like in stalker where a player might ask another to retrieve their pack they had hidden if they are unable to themselves.

Oshawott

Pokemon
Backer
While 3rd person view is nice and useful... but its not really realistic. In DayZ... its overused and really.... cheaty I must say.
agreed stupid corner peakers

DarkFox

HoboGamer
Backer
I really like the ideas of backpacks in the game, you could use them to expand on your storage space and maybe fit a small sawed off shotgun or a pistol depending on the size of the bag but another idea I think that would be good and i'm sorry if I missed this already being said but its late at night :p but I think the idea of a makeshift backpack would be nice, maybe make it out of the pelt of an animal you killed and maybe even with the pelt backpack it makes the items inside waterproof or last longer in the rain if they were to add that feature, or maybe a burlap sack with some string that you could tie around the top

Moderator #15

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Absolutely support backpacks and bags and such. I personally would like to see other inventory features, like carry garbage bags and/or grocery bags and things like that, which could also hold other inventory items.

Say you've accumulated a ton of stuff, small stuff at your "base" and need to carry it all to another location... throw the items in garbage bags, then throw the bags on your trailer or in the trunk of a vehicle to be able to quickly move large quantities of items quicker than individually. Or, instead of strictly using a backpack in a loot run, carry a pistol in one hand and a grocery bag in another to grab extra loot.

A good example of is Project Zomboid, which uses this same concept, and also incorporates the garbage bags into being able to craft homemade rain water catch barrels.