• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bait and spike Trap

Thread starter #1

Penguingamer16

Backer
A trap that has meat (pig leg) or another zombie attractant with has long spikes (pitchfork, sharpened wood) going around it impaling zombies who come for the meat. Would require removing dead zombies.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
cool idea but if players dont remove the zombies they would stay there clutter up the sever slowing it down to a crawl

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
well unless it impales the head the zombies not going die just going to keep shuffling in place on the spike

MattyForshaw27

Backer
Maybe have a rat trapped in a cage and then have sharpened sticks or metal spikes all around the cage and then when the zombies walked into them, they would get impaled and depending where they get impaled they would either die or just be stuck on the trap until the player finally kills the zombie and maybe the smell of zombies could keep others away? I got this idea from the walking dead

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Hmm, that would be greatly dependent on whether or not zombies are affected by wildlife. Though last time I saw I believe they'll eat dead or possibly living animals so it's a possibility. How long are these sticks and spikes going to be? What angle are they going to be positioned and how many of them are there going to be?

Moderator #9

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Hmm, that would be greatly dependent on whether or not zombies are affected by wildlife. Though last time I saw I believe they'll eat dead or possibly living animals so it's a possibility. How long are these sticks and spikes going to be? What angle are they going to be positioned and how many of them are there going to be?
I'f he's getting the idea from TWD (The Walking Dead) They will be like this :) with a Rat in a cage placed in the middle. Hope this helps

cheval-de-frise.JPG

Tally Ho!

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I'f he's getting the idea from TWD (The Walking Dead) They will be like this :) with a Rat in a cage placed in the middle. Hope this helps

View attachment 708

Tally Ho!
Much better, thanks goose.

Their official name is cheval de frise, or chevaux de frise when talking about more than one. Funny enough they were a medieval anti-cavalry defensive measure. You know against the the guys on horses with long lances who would impale people by the dozen. Interestingly the confederates during the American Civil War used them as well. They even found use during the world wars in plugging gaps between wire barriers and jungle fighting. Speaking of wire, I think it would be a nice upgrade to be able to include it, if you so chose. You could create roadblocks or prevent zombies and people from easily entering a hole in your base/fortress. Along with making a trench/fighting hole harder to infiltrate and providing more cover.

Would take a considerable amount of supplies and time to build though.

Source info:

Last edited:
Moderator #11

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
Much better, thanks goose.

Their official name is cheval de frise, or chevaux de frise when talking about more than one. Funny enough they were a medieval anti-cavalry defensive measure. You know against the the guys on horses with long lances who would impale people by the dozen. Interestingly the confederates during the American Civil War used them as well. They even found use during the world wars in plugging gaps between wire barriers and jungle fighting. Speaking of wire, I think it would be a nice upgrade to be able to include it, if you so chose. You could create roadblocks or prevent zombies and people from easily entering a hole in your base/fortress. Along with making a trench/fighting hole harder to infiltrate and providing more cover.

Would take a considerable amount of supplies and time to build though.

Source info:
Yes! The actual image name was "cheval_de_frise" and yes, I know they were used as anti cavalry :D for such a simple design they were so effective, I kind of think that's how tank traps were adopted in WW1 and WW2 just singular crosses spaced apart.

Tally Ho

MattyForshaw27

Backer
I hope the zombies are affected by the other wildlife as it would allow for a lot more traps to be created