• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bandit Icon (Red Players)

Thread starter #1

David Corliss

Backer
Here is an idea that I am kind of taking from the anime Sword Art Online.

I feel there should be a way to identify bandits, because when I play a game like DayZ I never know who I can trust and who I can't so the game is not really fun for me because I'm always on edge when I'm playing with other people. So what if whenever you hover over another players character they will have a little indicator next to them that shows either: Green, Yellow/Orange, or Red. Green meaning they haven't killed anyone in maybe the last 10 hours of game play, Yellow/Orange for people that have killed a player in lets say the last 10-2 hours of game play, and the Red if for the player that has killed someone recently say in the last 2 hours of gameplay.

I feel this would help the regular players such as me who just like to help everyone and have no interest in killing people for loot. So that we can identify those who are bandits and know to stay away from them. Or so that people that have killed someone would have to explain why they killed the person.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
same as @Lord Goose said i think they are keeping to no hud plus most people arent going to risk talking to a bandit so they will just KOS

Deathside

Backer
in the movie "the book of eli" they also have these cannibals but you can notice it by there shaking hands. maybe something like that here with the mental healt system that players can see when you are in a bad state. like the shaking hand for example or talking to yourself that other players can hear.

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
I don't like the idea of this, it sort of takes away from the realism, I mean that's my opinion.

I agree it would be nice to know who's nasty, though I think you're going to have to findout the hardway and be more careful next time, I just think that'd result in a more realistic gameplay.

in the movie "the book of eli" they also have these cannibals but you can notice it by there shaking hands. maybe something like that here with the mental healt system that players can see when you are in a bad state. like the shaking hand for example or talking to yourself that other players can hear.
Now I like the sounds of that, a slight movement or something that only somebody with a high mental state would do.

Moderator #7

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I don't like the idea of this, it sort of takes away from the realism, I mean that's my opinion.

I agree it would be nice to know who's nasty, though I think you're going to have to findout the hardway and be more careful next time, I just think that'd result in a more realistic gameplay.
I totally agree. My thoughts exactly.

Applejaxc

Backer
No.

Suspense and judgement are what help you survive, not "Oh well he's a badguy color, I better shoot him." What if you get tagged with red because of too many self-defense incidents?