• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Barge with pics

Barge

• Yes

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I quite like this, although I do feel like it won't be necessary right away, since the only other island is the prison one, which is too small to really need an car on.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Yeah but when you come back you could always come back to the place that you hid your RV on the mainland. Also I think it'd be cool if you could hitch this to the Houseboat

Thread starter #5

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
it would be diffrent lol to get the barge running would be hard but to live on the ocean would be cool

Moderator #8

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
+1 - I like this idea.

I personally think if a house boat is in game, down the line, that it should be a type of "end-game" vehicle so to speak. That being said, a small version, like the photo from the OP w/ the pull behind pop-up on the smaller barge could be a small, but similar "vehicle". Your supplies and such would mainly be kept in the pop-up.

Potentially "craft" the barge and the camper together, to where it removes the wheels/tires and attaches the camper down to the barge with lumber/bracketry or sorts. Just a thought.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm not sure we'll have any form of water transport in the initial game release. Even the old Black rock prison island won't be accessible at first. [That's what my quirky memory is telling me from the forum posts I remember].

In the 'player created lore' post, some of the narratives mention a ferry capable of transporting vehicles. But a houseboat or barge? Oh yes please! There's a few rivers and lakes on the island, some parts of them could be navigable.

I must agree with @DemoCar82 ... getting such a thing running shouldn't be an easy job, crafting and extensive repairs should be required. After all, it would be a bit of a game-changer.

A final thought ... can zombies swim?

[EDIT - corrected spelling and added the words 'or barge' after houseboat.]

Last edited:
Thread starter #10

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I'm not sure we'll have any form of water transport in the initial game release. Even the old Black rock prison island won't be accessible at first. [That's what my quirky memory is telling me from the forum posts I remember].

In the 'player created lore' post, some of the narratives mention a ferry capable of transporting vehicles. But a houseboat? Oh yes please! There's a few rivers and lakes on the island, some parts of them could be navigable.

I must agree with @DemoCar82 ... getting such a find running shouldn't be an easy job, crafting and extensive repairs should be required. After all, it would be a bit of a game-changer.

it really wouldn't be much different than a house boat

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1 like the idea, I can't add anything that has not been said already I think.

No, they sink to the bottom :p

Moderator #13

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think if zombies can go into the water, they just despawn or "die" after a certain amount of time, or they go over their heads.

Or, they just don't actually go into the water, but, then it would seem silly to some extent as they should technically chase you, water or not. People could/would exploit and just run 2 feet into the water to get away from zombies. :(

Thread starter #15

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
dont forget to vote on my barge, someone could be driving the barge while someone else could be in rv cooking bacon. mmmmmmmm bacon

woodsy223

Backer
the games gonna turn in to 1 or 2 bases land 90000 in the water its just gonna defeat the idea of surviving the nights against zombies

woodsy223

Backer
i dont really care if there are boats and barges dont allow building on barges. id honestly just hack the shit outta this game just so i can spawn 100 zombies on top of house boats cause why not. take the fun survival outta the game il take the fun outa the game for ya lol

Thread starter #19

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
i dont really care if there are boats and barges dont allow building on barges. id honestly just hack the shit outta this game just so i can spawn 100 zombies on top of house boats cause why not. take the fun survival outta the game il take the fun outa the game for ya lol
wow
there is no building in game at all. so i doubt you would not be able to build on a barge.you still got to come into land which then someone could steal you rv/barge then you have lost everything in 1 whack

Last edited:

woodsy223

Backer
wow
there is no building in game at all. so i doubt you would not be able to build on a barge.you still got to come into land which then someone could steal you rv/barge then you have lost everything in 1 whack
sigh i know there aint no actual building lol as in building from the cars on the barges shit like that. so my point still stand spend a week loose it in 5 mins waste of time as barges would just become everyones target i mean a 5 min swim to a barge or half ahour walk around land hmmm