• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Beard and hair growth

Thread starter #1

ToastedShoes

Backer
Beard and hair growth***** I was thinking as you would do without shaving, the longer you are alive in the game the more your facial hair and hair grows. I think it would be a really cool idea to implement this, also it could help show other survivors how long you have been alive in this apocalyptic world!

Last edited:

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
Grow your beard and use it as extra backpack to store items. Or as some kind of scarf when it gets nippy.
I can come up with this creative shiz all day long.

Strider

Undercover Mod
Backer
I have a feeling that this is not possible in the current game engine :D
Yes its possible.

I think it would be rather cool, A status symbol almost.. maybe even being able to trim your hair and beard and use the hair for padding a hand made sleeping bag? lol

P.s OP - I have corrected your thread title

123Zues

Backer
Some people suggested that your beard would get longer for every night that you survived. I bet the engine could handle that if it just updated your facial hair to be a little longer every day. It could help with warmth too...

SpaceWalrus

Backer
Should be able to tell the beard to attack and it just jumps off your face leaving a void into space and time and jumps onto the other person and suffocating them? XD Amazing

Fallen Angel

Backer
Well... there has been a thread about hygiene... hair growth would add to that I guess. The shorter your hair... the less the zombies could grab you by your own hair. And the woman would have to use hair bands to bind their hair, too. But I guess it wouldn't be so easy to implement that feature... at least I don't know a surviving game with it. :)

peterpiper007

If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Backer
Beard and/or Trimmed Mustache Discrimination (BTMD) is a real thing people. If a2z doesn't incorporate realistic depictions of natural hair growth then we must assume that they are Anti-Beardists and thus not to be trusted. Men and circus women of the world have spoken!

TheDog88

so i know this has been suggested in several other zombie survivals but nobody has yet to execute this. basically the idea is that the players beard grows over time to a certain point. so for example on day one you are clean shaven and on day 2 you have a stubble going. as days pass your facial hair grows giving the player a rougher appearance.

the facial hair can also be shaven giving the player some mental health back as it brings back some civilization into the players head. as a combat vet, i can say that coming back from a couple of day long missions and having to shave off the combat animal it kind of brought the human back and tamed the animal. i would imagine this tying into a survival setting as well, including personal hygiene such as showers etc.

comments?