• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

beds as death respawn locations

Thread starter #1

almighty_hood

Backer
i feel with the current way the game works for dying that a bed should be able to be respawned to if and when you die. beds just for logging out is abit off to me imo.
we should be able to save our location at a bed and wander about, if we die we can have choice to respawn at the last bed or random area tbh.. i mean what happens when you fortify a building to be your home and then die you respawn god knows where and have to try and find it again lol... losing valueable base camp and stored stuff all in one. i fell this would drive away players after awhile as there is literally no incentive to keep restarting over and over with nothing.. theres not much fun in that tbh with you guys at a2z.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I am guessing if anykind of respawn locations are added it'll be later when more content/features will be added, like if it's something you have to craft i.e a special sleeping bag or even clean/fix up the furniture it's a feature we don't have yet.

Depends thou, if perma-death is intended and nothing else then it's a design choice I'm happy to-go with.

Both equally good things imo.

RaakaKarju

Backer
That some bed is spawning location after you die is other way good thing but what i understand after every death your character starts all over again so if think that way you not have any safe locations any where in map but i think if you have fortification some house and there is lokcs on door you can open those becouse you know code.

But after dead that character is new so no safe spawning points but if character stays same and lose some of overall health but otherwise stays same character then that safe spawning is fine to me.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've had some hits and misses with logging off in a bed and respawning.
Like everyone else, I'm testing the game.
Sometimes the server I was playing on isn't there anymore. Sometimes I restart near to the same structure I logged off in.
Let's all report this information so the Dev's can improve the game for all of us.

RaakaKarju

Backer
I notice when you log in game and when loading starts you are in map that point and if some reason loading doesn't go to end or you just close program and try later again later then you get random spawn becouse not logged out on bed.
That should happens any more in patch 0.1.1 and after that.

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
I notice when you log in game and when loading starts you are in map that point and if some reason loading doesn't go to end or you just close program and try later again later then you get random spawn becouse not logged out on bed.
That should happens any more in patch 0.1.1 and after that.
i think thats how it works if you dont log in bed you gona get a random spawn

itsJonny

United States Army
Backer
I support this idea as well.
I'm going to compare it to Rust and how they do it.
Be able to craft a sleeping bag and place it down and it has a 5 minute cool down on it so you can't continue to spawn in it until the cool down is over.

As the OP stated, people will be discouraged if people can't have a chance to respawn back in/near their base. I could be sitting in my house minding my own business and get sniped from a window from 100m out. That person might not even come to try to steal my loot, he just shot me for shits and giggles.

Wakiyan4

Backer
I support this idea as well.
I'm going to compare it to Rust and how they do it.
Be able to craft a sleeping bag and place it down and it has a 5 minute cool down on it so you can't continue to spawn in it until the cool down is over.

As the OP stated, people will be discouraged if people can't have a chance to respawn back in/near their base. I could be sitting in my house minding my own business and get sniped from a window from 100m out. That person might not even come to try to steal my loot, he just shot me for shits and giggles.
I like reading this, I think that is the way to go. It will get really annoying and folks will be rage quitting the game if it remains in it's present state. Permadeath is just not a feasible mechanic on a building game. Survival in itself (like The Long Dark) sure, but not crafting heavy game like this one. good stuff!