• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Being able to kill yourself

Suicide?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i think it should be only if u turned to prevent people from respawning to get good loot

Facerafter

Backer
I think such thing is already planned. It seems pretty standard to have a suicide button. And otherwise just walk into a horde of zombies

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I'd have to say no. I don't like the suggested theme of suicide even in a game. There are other effective alternatives that you could do instead. Also we don't know if you'll turn into a zombie when you die.

Facerafter

Backer
Well, if you want it theres always a way to kill yourself.
Fall damage, drowning, wild life, zombies, etc.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
Well, if you want it theres always a way to kill yourself.
Fall damage, drowning, wild life, zombies, etc.
yeah but usually you need to travel to do those things while suicide can be done immediately

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I'm 50/50 on this, it is pretty exploitable, but on the other hand, realistic.

ZacharyM

Backer
The one problem I see is you would have to have it a special set of keys otherwise you could accidentally shoot your self by hitting the wrong button; Or as an alternative mash "space" after pushing "J" and then you would shoot.

ZacharyM

Backer
I would personally prefer a button mashing, it would make it more intense and dramatic; and if you go to do it and don't it would increase mental insanity.

Mitch

King
Backer
I personally would rather not see a map filled with dead people trying to get a better spawn point. Sorry.

ZacharyM

Backer
I personally would rather not see a map filled with dead people trying to get a better spawn point. Sorry.
you would have to find a handgun, parts to fix it and ammo; after that i think you would have found a better place. That is unless you can do it with a knife; because then you just have to find a building and your set.

CptMugwash

Backer
It can add to the immersion, picture this, you're surrounded by zombies and no way out, you messed up and now you're going to pay, do you let those monsters tear you limb from limb or do you take your own life to not face the grim alternative.

Smittyry17

Backer
I am all for this. On the condition that it hurts your skill levels unless your infected. I don't think it should be something that should be done often.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Yes, not sure why you would want to suicide, but yes. :D
It helps in DayZ. I've used that feature several times. Sometimes you can get glitched or stuck and there's no way out but to shoot yourself lol

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Maybe the only suicide option should be if you have very bad mental health.

In other words, say your mental health is very low, and you come across and kill another survivor. You kind of go into an animation where you walk away slowly, hearing voices in your head, and all of a sudden stop, and put a bullet in your head!!!