• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Being able to use furniture physically

Thread starter #1

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Hi there Survive The Night players,

Start off by you can sit down in a chair like your dining room or go to the living room and sit down the couch when you want to sit there or wait to just relax.

Even possibly building basic Furniture for all the rooms.

And also to Be able to use some of the furniture to help block a door or window or you can bread the chairs to help block off the window so you can feel safer that people or zombies can not see you from the inside.

I would not suggest weird furniture, This is a zombie survival game not Sims 3 or a Fantasy game. Trying to be realistic as possible. But still having fun at the same time.

Use bed rails and bed frame to block the window. If you have a saw to cut the metal so that you can fit it on the window or door.

And please add shower and toilet or at least a hygiene system.

Thank you.

TotallyNotHenry

Backer
Do you mean like a system where you can break into a house and use the bed or sofa to rest up? Maybe regen your health and sanity a small amount?
Or do you simply mean just sitting there and looking fab-u-lous.

Jeiku-hakase

Backer
Here's an idea. You can sit on furniture, but you can still have a weapon out when sitting. Useful for those long nights watching the door. Maybe you wouldn't lose stamina as quickly while sitting, or you can sleep in the chair. That way it would be functional gameplay wise as well.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i really like the idea of being able to block doors and windows with furniture

Ocelot

Backer
I like the idea of using the furniture to be able to get back a small amount sanity and or HP. Maybe have a slight cooldown on it so you just can't spam use it.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
I like the idea of being able to use furniture like in real life, not just crouching on top of it and looking like some nob head.
Never liked that either. This should be something the devs should consider for the future maybe not now since there is more important things they have to do/add.

««DEX»»

Respect the PattonBro!
Backer
Interacting with furniture, even crafting some kind of it would be another unique feature of STN. That would differ the game greatfully from other zombie games. Maybe if you craft a cosy armchair, using the leather, and place it in front of the fireplace, sitting in it would rise your mental health a little))

RebsArmy

1. Hey there the Survive the Nights team, I was wondering if you might be able to add some script to enable the character to sit down on i.e sofa,armchair & benches. Because seeing you enter the house in your latest video and lighting the fire in the stove to me is 50% of the emersion, and then you just stood there like most survival games. You need to interact with the furniture in the house for the homely realism. Thx STN

Brody

I agree that would be amazing
But i think it should have an animation so it takes time to sit and all otherwise it could be exploited