1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta release date?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrNoPainNoGain, May 17, 2017.

1. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Sorry, I did get hold of the wrong end of the stick there.
    I'm worried about the teams finances as well. I am given to understand they're OK just now.
    Myself, if there was a way of contributing more fiscally to the funding, I'd like to know about it.
    This game is a great journey, one I've rather enjoyed being part of.
    There are so many great people contributing to this forum and the Discord channel. I can't comment about other social media, because I don't use it, but I believe the team are available there as well.
    I wish you a great weekend as well !

monokoi likes this.
  2. MrNoPainNoGain

MrNoPainNoGain New Member Backer

Aug 19, 2014

Still mate i paid like 4 € more that´s like around 3,1 McChickens mate! <--- THOSE THAT I CANT EAT ANYMORE!!!! I´m totaly in rage atm because of that.

I want recompensation

RickGrimesdd likes this.
  3. rEk MaRaTh0N

rEk MaRaTh0N Bleh Backer

Sep 26, 2014
  4. CenobyteFox

CenobyteFox Member Backer

Oct 2, 2014
    As the team have told us over and over: When it's done.

I know it sucks, but it's the nature of development backing. The devs find a better way of doing something (A different/newer engine, for example) or unexpected bugs arise. Yes it sucks but that's the way development of any product, not just software, goes. The best we can do is patiently wait, keep hyped and show our support to the devs.

5. Lnchb0xMarathon

Lnchb0xMarathon Yehaw! Backer

Aug 25, 2014
    I really despise responses like this. Look, I get it, this may be the pinnacle of your life by backing a project like this and I'm certain you're excited to play a part in this project, albeit a small one, but do not try to brush aside mine or anyone else's concerns regarding the status of the game like were ingrates. I and many other people have invested our own personal money into this. whether how big or small the investment was, some people are strapped for cash, some people are well with cash. So, when I or many other people want to find out what's going on with something we have invested in around 1-2 years ago, please, don't be so dismissive about our concerns.

6. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh dear @Lnchb0xMarathon, I'm sorry if I have upset you.
    I put some money in to an idea for a game back in 2014. Just like many other backers did.
    We all just backed an idea. We didn't buy a finished product.
    I've done a few crowdfunded things. And I've been burned, badly - just use your favourite internet search engine to look for a project called Zano. Yes, I backed that, and I lost all my money.
    Backing and supporting an independent small team is a risk. Especially when they're tying to write a cutting edge game.
    Yes, we've all got 'skin in the game, here'.
    We've all 'got our money on the table'
    We all have concerns about the game. Even as a committed STN fan-boy, I sometimes have some myself

7. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    WoW

8. Lnchb0xMarathon

Lnchb0xMarathon Yehaw! Backer

Aug 25, 2014
    Dude, it's rude and inconsiderate. Every time I see these responses, it really gets under my skin. That, and I'm hangry.

9. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    lol hangry is bad. but i really dont think he meant it the way it sounded. i havent been here as long as some we all want this game so bad. all we can do is wait were at the mercy of the devs. he seems like a good person really.

10. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Just like complaining about the wieners whining about is it done yet? is it done yet? lol

[​IMG]

So go outside and have a BBQ, i did and it was awesome!!!

RickGrimesdd likes this.
  11. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    i am just waiting for the servers to go up for rent

12. monokoi

monokoi Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 10, 2016
    Some members of this community may want to rethink their condescending, back-seat moderating attitude.

TheRealManimal likes this.
  13. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    I
    Im just curious who's doing that. I really just see people trying to be helpful or giving there opinion on something. I could be wrong or missed something. Could you please so an example.

monokoi likes this.
  14. monokoi

monokoi Well-Known Member Backer

Dec 10, 2016
    Sure, this:
    (..and many more alike)

@Lnchb0xMarathon said it better than I probably could:

I'm guilty of this behaviour myself, until @strategos2411 (?) pointed it out. Who are we to act on behalf of A2Z staff? Being a Fanboy and living the hype is one thing, but acting like a self appointed sheriff is inappropriate. There's a small group of members on STN 24/7 rebuking anyone, who dares raise his voice - not very helpful to the community. I'd rather see them point to official threads and keep their own contributions friendly and constructive. I may be wrong, but it seems the active community is melting away - being helpful and respecting other members should be in every fanboys interest.

15. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    Im still not seeing were he was condescending

Last edited: May 28, 2017 at 3:01 PM
  16. RickGrimesdd

Apr 29, 2016
    hey guy just so you know im on my laptop it was freezing up i didnt mean to quote you like that lol

Sneakydude likes this.
  17. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    Rick, i am going to be helpful and tell people... best to check in daily, soon it will be here. Bickering at each other is no good. Solid conversations are one thing but to stress out what someone else said isn't healthy either.

and i am rather sorry for taking a back seat moderation, but being close to 50 this is all i see daily in many different forums. EA is a rough time for all involved and invested. Step back and understand 5 yrs to develop a project big enough like this. 3-5 yrs using tools, but to make custom -snip- engines etc.. can take you 2 more yrs to improve on.

This has been a standard in the industry for a very long time. It really is no different then me trying to make a profit in a small business 5 yrs is the norm.

Some may not like those answers, which is understandable but it is what it is today. A team size of 50 can over do the project and still go 5 yrs on dev. Not all games are mentioned until a workable - playable game is rdy, even 2 yrs in closed doors.

So @JB_ ??? is it ready yet? if not ill go have another BBQ today.

18. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    OH..... for those not sure what all is involved. I will tell you, i asked a person if unity could handle a large scale MMO with a small team of 1 or 2, and the response was, you have to do everything, almost impossible by yourself and release it in 5 yrs. This was from a head dev, that worked for Microsoft, dev. team.

I really cant lie, it goes to exactly what i have experienced reading, investing, and helping in projects of this size. Every time i think there is a corner to cut, it is an impossible answer, to give a time frame. Set backs are normal, new things always pop up.

So YOU! and ME! have to wait until it is ready.

I do believe a new Status report is in the works.

-Plz give the dev, and Moderators a break once in awhile. This team is being unique, they are listening to us, and implementing some of our suggestions. That is rather rare, really it is.

RickGrimesdd likes this.
  19. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    I wouldn't class what's been happening as back seat moderating.

Conflicting opinions and different ways of contributing to the forums is all. If someone posts something that others don't agree with, folks are allowed to respond, within the boundaries of the forum rules. If someone defends/criticises the devs/game/updates etc, others are allowed to respond to the post and vice-versa(unless the post is a breach of the forum rules, then you should hit the 'Report' button).

Best advice I would give to anyone, if you have an issue with someones postings, but they don't breach the forum rules, send them a PM, have a mature chat, get to understand their way of thinking, voice you concerns, and if necessary invite me into the chat to mediate and ensure the PM system is not being abused(using it to harass/flame/troll other users).

As long as everyone stays civil, and shows a basic level of mutual respect to one another, then there shouldn't be much issues, but feel free to contact me directly any time for any issues and i'll respond as soon as I can.

Also @Montauk s response is accurate, all backers will now take part in the Early Access Alpha stage, due to the unexpected delays. The Humble store is awaiting approval, and should hopefully be live with the StN Trailer on Tuesday(fingers crossed), and the Alpha phase will begin not long after(no solid date yet though)

@JB_ can clarify further if required.

20. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    Mmmmm bbq

RickGrimesdd likes this.