• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bicycle Trailer

Thread starter #1
Been wandering around the internet and when watching one of the survive the nights videos it hit me. Why not have a bicycle that has a hitch-able trailer?
il_570xN.367080016_o8eq.jpg
and it would be a low tier way of carrying heavy loads like a barrel or a generator. Maybe you could upgrade it so it could carry people or heavier loads.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Why not, this would help if this was your preferred mode of transport quite abit, some bungee cord's and that would be secure enough for a bag or two of supply's.... or maybe the top-half of a person? :rolleyes:

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
I like. Cars are loud and attract attention. Could be used to go to town and back without having to draw to much attention. And paired with a bike chain its pretty secured against theft. +1

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
Interesting thought, and definitely full of advantages & disadvantages game play wise. As stated above would be great at lower levels when carrying capacity is limited. Potentially still useful later on for scouting or quick supply runs, depending on how quiet you can make cars/motorcycles/4-wheelers with modifications.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
it'd have a weight limit and an item limit of 2
I agree to the weight limit, as it essentially functions like a backpack for your bicycle. However, I disagree with a firm item limit of 2. Take for example, I throw two boxes of ammunition on there and it's "full", nope sorry. With that being said, I think I may know what you meant by this (or if not, I'm going to spin it in a different direction). :)

If an item is large the trailer should be limited to how many of that item it can carry, or simply how many large items it can carry. For arguments sake let's say the weight limit of the bicycle trunk/trailer is 100lbs. Now let's say you want to carry a bunch of 20gal propane tanks (common size for BBQ grills). When full, these weigh around 38lbs, so you could only pack 2 anyways given the weight limit of the trailer. When empty, they weigh only around 18lbs, which means the weight limit could support five of these. BUT, can you imagine how awkward & difficult it would be to pack five 20gal propane tanks on one of these trailers (at least without fabricating some kind of cage)?

So, perhaps items could have a hidden stat that is not visible to the players (though this stat could be discovered by players through trial & error). This hidden stat would be the item size classification which would apply to just about every item in the game, minuscule, tiny, very small, small, medium, large, very large, massive, and very massive as examples (this stat would likely need a numerical value to make calculations easy).

Going back to the bicycle trailer, make it so it can only carry X number of items for a given size class regardless of the items weight but not to exceed the maximum weight capacity. For example, it can only carry 1 very large item, or 2 large items, or 4 medium items, and so on (figures are just examples), but is unable to carry anything larger than "very large". You could mix & match items of different size classifications but cannot exceed the maximum weight capacity or size capacity (for example 1 large item and 2 medium items). This is where the numerical values come in for the easy calculations.

This logic could also be applied to other "containers", like backpacks, truck beds, car trunks, player created & pre-built storage (cabinets and such), etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Guido Groen

Backer
I totally misread the title. I thought you meant trunks as in underwear :)
Would be a laugh to see that bulky survivor dude in tight bicycle underwear though :)

BirdBlackbird

Backer
Ooooh yes, my dad uses one of those to move his telescopes around (there's virtually nothing I can't move with a bicycle or a moped) So i'd totally love this in game <3

I agree to the weight limit, as it essentially functions like a backpack for your bicycle. However, I disagree with a firm item limit of 2. Take for example, I throw two boxes of ammunition on there and it's "full", nope sorry. With that being said, I think I may know what you meant by this (or if not, I'm going to spin it in a different direction). :)

If an item is large the trailer should be limited to how many of that item it can carry, or simply how many large items it can carry. For arguments sake let's say the weight limit of the bicycle trunk/trailer is 100lbs. Now let's say you want to carry a bunch of 20gal propane tanks (common size for BBQ grills). When full, these weigh around 38lbs, so you could only pack 2 anyways given the weight limit of the trailer. When empty, they weigh only around 18lbs, which means the weight limit could support five of these. BUT, can you imagine how awkward & difficult it would be to pack five 20gal propane tanks on one of these trailers (at least without fabricating some kind of cage)?

So, perhaps items could have a hidden stat that is not visible to the players (though this stat could be discovered by players through trial & error). This hidden stat would be the item size classification which would apply to just about every item in the game, minuscule, tiny, very small, small, medium, large, very large, massive, and very massive as examples (this stat would likely need a numerical value to make calculations easy).

Going back to the bicycle trailer, make it so it can only carry X number of items for a given size class regardless of the items weight but not to exceed the maximum weight capacity. For example, it can only carry 1 very large item, or 2 large items, or 4 medium items, and so on (figures are just examples), but is unable to carry anything larger than "very large". You could mix & match items of different size classifications but cannot exceed the maximum weight capacity or size capacity (for example 1 large item and 2 medium items). This is where the numerical values come in for the easy calculations.

This logic could also be applied to other "containers", like backpacks, truck beds, car trunks, player created & pre-built storage (cabinets and such), etc.

Thoughts?
yeah no worries mate, what i meant is like a jerry can and a crate the would be your item limit of 2 but i see what you're getting at aswell :)