• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bicycles

Thread starter #1

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
The best mode of fast trans during a zombie apocalypse is a bicycle. Its quiet so the zombies don't hear you. Please make this possible.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Bikes are a must!

thraxinius

Forum Feeder
Backer
Yes! your chain can break! tires can pop! MAYBE you can break bottles and put the glass in the road so if cars go bye or bikes their tires pop!

SuperCraaze

Backer
thats a good idea, could hold people up while they are unaware and fixing the tire? if they are near your base or something.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Lets not forget the bike horns or bells nothing like using a bike to ride in and draw the zombies away for your buddy to get in and loot plus basket that can hold a few things and maybe even attach a light to the front

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Hey all,

sorry if I missed it but are there going to be bicycles in the game?

As if there are I think maybe there should be different types
i.e

Mountain bike - good off-road, and climbing hills, but lacks in speed on road surface.
BMX - faster than mountain bike on road but reduces stamina quicker, near useless off-road.
Road bike - near useless off-road, easily damaged, but like a bat out of hell on road.
Hybrid (mountain and road bike) - very rare due to not being popular, but quick both on and off road, and very durable.

just suggestions :)

BigRed

Backer
BMX would be good to use when nipping about a town or village - small enough to be ridden inside the bigger buildings like warehouses etc. Not useless off-road at all - just hard work due to the size of its smaller wheels.

No way a BMX would ever beat me on or off-road on my mountain bike! ;)

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
BMX would be good to use when nipping about a town or village - small enough to be ridden inside the bigger buildings like warehouses etc. Not useless off-road at all - just hard work due to the size of its smaller wheels.

No way a BMX would ever beat me on or off-road on my mountain bike! ;)

IRL no its not useless, im thinking more, when your travelling with gear on your more than likely gunna want to jump off and run!

and depends what setup you had on a bmx, my friends old bmx used to get some super speed

WasabiKicks91

Backer
Bike is just useful, doesn't require gas and makes you just a little faster than the zombies. Also easy to fix

BigRed

Backer
A BMX is good at acceleration and jumping due to their smaller wheels and lighter weight. Short bursts of speed from a standstill. But as I said above due to ttheir smaller wheel diameter they do not do rough ground as well as other bikes with larger wheels as the larger wheels track better off road. The exception being a road bike as they may have larger wheels but they are to thin and delicate to take any hits.

If it's being able to carry gear then a mountain bike or a hybrid with pannier racks would be ideal for carrying gear on - even a little trailer could be attached. Oooo there's a thought, a craftable trailer for the bike made from an old wheelbarrow or childs tow along bike seat and an old suitcase or backpack! That way you could use it to carry smaller objects around. Could be used for looting on the quiet.

But that would be for people that want to lug stuff about. I think the way a bike would end up being used on here would be the same way and the reason they are used on DayZ - they are quiet, get you around pretty quickly, they are inexpensive and, as said above, easy to fix. Good bandit mobiles ...

It would all depend on how common finding vehicles will be. If they are mega rare then the next best thing would be a bike - beats walking.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
I think if they add bikes they should be common but not super common that every one can't find one a few seconds after spawn. I know they are not as good as cars but it should take some work to get something other then your two feet for transportation. I do like the idea of having multiple kinds of bikes though, gives it diversity. and since customization is a big thing, what kind of things would you be able to customize on you bike?

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I think if they add bikes they should be common but not super common that every one can't find one a few seconds after spawn. I know they are not as good as cars but it should take some work to get something other then your two feet for transportation. I do like the idea of having multiple kinds of bikes though, gives it diversity. and since customization is a big thing, what kind of things would you be able to customize on you bike?
First, is to not really find whole bikes, like have to repair them so that you can ride.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Please dont start a riot on bikes now