• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Biomass Briquettes For Survival Fuel

Thread starter #1

Russ Hallam

Backer
I did use the search function for - Biomass Briquette, and nothing came back.

Title from The Do It Yourself World video, one of the included videos.

A different take on free fuel.

The Biomass Briquette is made from paper turned in to paper pulp and then that pulp put into a press to remove the water, and the brick that's left is left to dry and then burnt as fuel.

Things that can be added to the paper pulp:
Saw dust
Wood shavings

The press can be made of:
metal
Old pallets
Plastic pipe and a mastic gun
Car jack fixed in a frame as a piston

I have included some videos that demonstrate the process.

made from an old pallet

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
That is pretty cool actually never seen anything like this. But it seemed kind of time consuming, taking like a week to make the sludge I don't know if anyone would actually go through the process of doing all that for some firewood or cooking fuel, if I can't find some fence posts to burn in a week then I probably deserve to freeze to death. And since this is the apocalypse, what stops me from cutting down a tree. I like the idea, and maybe with a few tweaks it could work but you have to get it just right. Make it to easy and then everyone has infinite fuel, make it to hard and no one is going to do it. Good suggestion.