• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bird Calls or Signals

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Okay, If I'm doing a buddy buddy system where i travel with friends, and we split up. To find each other, we could do bird sounds or animal calls to try and get the attention of the buddy. (If no Walkie Talkie) Just a idea :D
Interesting idea, though customization of the call would be hard. You wouldn't exactly know if the person responding was your friend or simply replying. Maybe have a device that you can use to change the pitch/sound of to use for communication?

Thread starter #3

Noah

Backer
Interesting idea, though customization of the call would be hard. You wouldn't exactly know if the person responding was your friend or simply replying. Maybe have a device that you can use to change the pitch/sound of to use for communication?
Well not too technical, I mean like if someone was behind me and wasn't looking at me but i wanted to get his attention, I'd do a bird call to let them know i signaled him.

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
Yeah, it would make it cooler if you talked louder people could hear you form farther away, but if you talked in a whisper only a person right next to you would hear you.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Well not too technical, I mean like if someone was behind me and wasn't looking at me but i wanted to get his attention, I'd do a bird call to let them know i signaled him.
Yes I know, though I was thinking along the lines of you're behind cover and you want to know if your friend is close to you. If there is a default set of animal calls and you use one. Someone could simply reply with the same thing and fool you into thinking they're your friend. But I suppose you could work on a system of replying to certain noises. Like you make a bird noise and he'll reply with a wolf one.

Thread starter #7

Noah

Backer
Yes I know, though I was thinking along the lines of you're behind cover and you want to know if your friend is close to you. If there is a default set of animal calls and you use one. Someone could simply reply with the same thing and fool you into thinking they're your friend. But I suppose you could work on a system of replying to certain noises. Like you make a bird noise and he'll reply with a wolf one.
My thoughts exactly.

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i think it would be cool

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Or maybe a bird calls attract bird for hunting

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
A bird call could work amazingly with the game, maybe AI birds (if that's a thing) could make bird sounds too. To youknow confuse the heck outta player :D