• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Blue Prints ?

They will probably have something simular but i don't think it will be blue prints like in Rust. That was the only think that actually annoyed me in rust

Burge

Backer
I understand that the devs don't want to add military weapons but instead their civilian counterparts, but what if there were various different blueprints in the loot system which taught you how to attach modifications to your weapons like optics, barrels, suppressors, uppers and lowers, grips and even a blueprint which you need to find multiple parts to make your gun full auto were relevant but by doing this it significantly decreases the condition of the weapon when used providing you have the correct blue prints and tools to be able to do this. give me your thoughts and opinions guys who knows the devs might like this idea, grammar police go easy on me!

Burge

posetohate

Backer
10/10 idea! It would allow for the choice for how you the player wants to play or not play the game.

Moderator #8

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I think the mentality to stay away from weapon centered gameplay is to further help reduce the KoS/PvP mentality. My opinion is that you start making weapons super customizable, even with "blueprints" that people will then center their attention on find the next coolest weapon attachment for their rifle.

I do like the system the devs are starting to put in as of now, with improvised or DIY style attachments, rather than manufactured ones for assault rifles and such.

On the other point of blueprints themselves, I personally like to stay more for realism where some people know how to work on weapons, some don't. So gaining the knowledge/ability to do certain custom work to your firearm should come more naturally from a leveling system when it is implemented. Just my thoughts however.

UKsick

Backer
What bout shoving a potato on the end of a gun as a one time use supressor? :p

Burge

Backer
i understand what you mean by the KOS mentality some people just enjoy modding their weapons and making them look awesome like myself. then with this 'mental state' which i see flying around of the forums with i think is in the game? will deter people from shooting players without justification as it will most likely have side affects, i prefer to hunt and defend an encampment from people who want to take it rather than running into the biggest city shouting 420 blaze it and shooting everything like the squeakers XD

Zack Atkins

Backer
but it cant be something fancy, even something scratched on the wall of a building or on some tp or on paper. then u can learn it and just add it to your notebook of upgrades

Stronk IO - San ヾ(⌐■_■)

How can I forget the past when it still hurts me?
Backer
It sounds cool and stuff but it will improve kos and stuff.. and who brings army blue prints or stuff like that into a village in some kind island

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
I agree with Demo here. But, if they do add it they should make them books or notepads because people rarely use blueprints anymore and why the hell would you have a blueprint with instructions on it explaining how to modify a weapon.

Burge

Backer
the islanders are old fashioned using blueprints who knows no one on the forums knows the true story behind the island and what happened there could be a have a been a military presence giving out different schematics or there culture could be backwards you never know conspiracies man always conspiracies

Chris "Cr1t1cal Reaper"

Call me Reaper
Backer
If you want super customizable weapons, get Fallout 4.

Seing as there is going to be very little military gear, then its limited what you can do to normal glock pistol.

If said blueprints are going to happen, maybe there could be a few special weapon moddification options, but i think it should be more towards how to make better fortifications and more general survival techniques, traps and such.

Burge

Backer
god damn what is it with people trying to push people away from the game it was a suggestion not an i want this of fuck it all god dayum XD:eek:

Moderator #18

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
god damn what is it with people trying to push people away from the game it was a suggestion not an i want this of fuck it all god dayum XD:eek:
No one is trying to push anyone away. I personally appreciate that you took the time to suggest something new, whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant.

If you post something, you've got to expect people to comment on it, the majority could agree or they could disagree, and you've got to be prepared for that I suppose.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
The search function strikes again!
+1

But to elaborate on the idea I was going to suggest...
It's not about finding actual blueprints to make traps etc but more that you make them yourself to pass around.

This idea would only count of it goes more of an RPG route with skills etc, so scrap this thought is such things are not added.
My thought is that in order to create any trap, device, makeshift weapon, vehicle/weapon mod etc you would need a skill/trait and my best thought is it would be an "innovator" skill/trait to think of these things, so you would start with basic items etc that any person would think of but the more you build/craft things more you learn (like thinking of more/different designs after you have made and tested) and with pen/pencil and paper you can draw them down for others to copy/learn whether they have the skill/trait or not and if they are a lower skill level.

The other thought is more for things like vehicle mods because this mechanic looks more "free-form" compared to the pre-designed traps etc from what I have seen...

And that's if you modify a vehicle in such away that it works very well or looks badass, you can either draw the design down on paper or take a photo to again pass around for others to copy.