• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bolas

Thread starter #1

Yes, yes, yes. PLEASE i need this. This can be a way to disable players without killing them and thus you can either rob all they have or leave them to die to the zombies. To escape from this you cuold either press a button very fast so you can break free or if you have a knife you can use it to cut the rope and set yourself free. I would suggest that after being hit by this you will be disabled for about 2/3 seconds before you can attempt to escape. This can be useful for players that are in a disadvantage so that it is easier for them to either escape or kill other players. It should be hard to land a shot on an enemy since what this does is pretty overpowered. It can also be used to hunt animals.

Materials:

3 ropes
3 rocks

Description:

The ropes are tied together and then the 3 loose ends are tied to the rocks.

This is thrown onto an enemy/animal and travels either faster or slower and will go further or closer depending on your health. If you are healthy you will have more strength to throw it further and faster and perhaps also disable for a longer duration. This will encourage players to keep their character healthy and it is a great alternative for killing people since this way your sanity wont be compromised because you don´t need to kill the player, you can just rob him and flee.

Sincerely yours, Chase.

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
Cool idea, I always like idea that included not shooting the player on sight. I do have some concern about the idea though. This for one sounds like a VERY easy thing to craft. Allowing noobs to craft one of these trap a geared player and be set, basically everybody will have these because it allows you take a person hostage without even getting close to them, they are easily available, and you won't lose mental health from not killing them. Even if my feet were bound by this I would still have my hands free to hold my gun and shoot the person who through it. So if they were to add it they would have to allow you to use items in your hands.

Vorpist

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ | Owner
Backer
I love the idea. I can use this to get away from players also. #Strats

Thread starter #4
Cool idea, I always like idea that included not shooting the player on sight. I do have some concern about the idea though. This for one sounds like a VERY easy thing to craft. Allowing noobs to craft one of these trap a geared player and be set, basically everybody will have these because it allows you take a person hostage without even getting close to them, they are easily available, and you won't lose mental health from not killing them. Even if my feet were bound by this I would still have my hands free to hold my gun and shoot the person who through it. So if they were to add it they would have to allow you to use items in your hands.
Maybe when you fall you drop the weapon you had equipped and you have to equip another one

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Aaaah I like! It would be nice to use on animals, maybe in the future you have to use this on a rabid dogs legs to tame him?

dr.-house-face-meme.jpg

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
indeed but dont let previous posts people have done already get you down keep coming at us with the suggestions

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
*Bump*
Yes...
Just thought about this but another version... a crossbow bolas gun and/or one that fires a net (think escape from L.A)... purely for the immobilization of a zombie ofc.

It's in the consolidated group of weapons considered but the thread is gone :\

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
@Num47 , what happened to the crossbow? I'm sure it was going to be coming to the game at some stage.
Could it be craftable? Then there might be different designs available. Including one that could fire a bolas or net device.
Perhaps using a broken rifle, some metal bars, some wire and a workbench to put it together with a few tools?
Having managed to play a little recently, I'm becoming more of a fan of silent weapons.