• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

"Booby Trapped" Weapons

Would you like this to be implemented?

• Yes, with no modifications.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Yes, with some modifications ( write what should be changed below).

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

The Black Rainbow

Backer
Hello!

Recently, an idea came in my mind. What if there could be implemented "Booby Trapped" Weapons?

Let me explain myself better.

How does it work?

Well. The concept is that a player can modify a gun in a such way, that when the trigger gets pulled ( The gun get's fiered ) The gun explodes, killing or badly damaging the player.

What materials are required to make such a trap?
I think that the following materials can be enought to make one.
But you can
suggest modifications. I am always open to hear ideas :p
-A weapon ( Pistol, shotgun ec.. ) / Or a fake weapon, maybe a handmade shotgun.
-Ammunition for the weapon ( Possible ones that can get opened, and that can get the gunpowder replaced inside )
-A more explosive substance ( To fill the bullets with it. )

How this can be usefull?
Well. A player can build the gun and place it in some place. Another player will be tempted to take the gun, and once he fires it he will die, or get badly hurt. And the other player can finish him off taking off the loot.

Please, leave suggestions / opinions / modification ideas down below. I will be really interested into reading them.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Profoundly devious and wicked I like it... but I see the main downfall and use would be people trading it with others, but I do like the idea of rigging a firearm so for me there would need to be a very high mental penalty on your behalf if you gave/traded it knowing fully well what will happen and a high hit just for making and placing it.

Because some traps you could justify to yourself with making and using as the intended target would be either a zombie or animal, only a person would try to use a firearm.

+1 Good trap for the bad survivors.

Davz Not Here

Backer
+1

i wanted desperately to click 'like' for the OP .... but the horrendous and loud text was instantly offensive to every sense i have.

i had to re-read it several times, mainlining aspirin the whole time just to keep the headaches and mild seizures at bay ..... i lost several of these fights, specifically to the aspirin.

upon final scrutiny (i found that micro dosing fixes the above mentioned issues), i give my full support to the idea of rigged weapons as a trap, as i believe i have done so, in several of the previous posts, found somewhere amidst the mighty 'archive'.

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
just making it should reduce sanity not when it kills someone this way you make more realistic guilt and give the game one less thing to track reducing lag from make this item to frequently

Davz Not Here

Backer

Diablo747

Silence is golden. duct tape is silver.
Backer
plugging the barrel with lead and installing higher grain ammunition?