• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Boom Stick

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
This is a weapon I was going to post in my Getting Medieval on your Zombie thread but since I had already posted so much I decided to just create a new thread just for this since I could add a lot more based on the ammo that could be made for it. This weapon like the ones from the previously mentioned thread is a DIY weapon based off of Medieval weapon called the Culverin.
http://xenophongroup.com/montjoie/jean-m.gif

Boom Stick

Part's:
1x Medium Sized Fire Extinguisher
1x Roll of Duct Tape or Electrical Tape
1x Large Wooden Pole
2x Small Bracket's
4x Long Flat Bracket's
4x Screw's

Hammer
Drill
Blow Torch

(All of these electricle parts save for the battery, spark plug and the capacitor could be made into a single electrical parts item, instead of having a bunch of diffrent small parts in game.)
1x Small Bundle of Electrical Wiring
1x Small Circuit Board
1x 12V Battery
1x Spark Plug
4x Resistor's
1x Small Button
1x Small Capacitor

A large home made cannon like weapon based off a Culverin that is built using a large wooden pole, a medium sized fire extinguisher, electrical or duct tape, a drill, a blow torch, a hammer, two small bracket's, four screw's, four long flat bracket's, several resistor's, a small capacitor, a small circuit board, a small spark plug, a 12v battery, electrical wiring and a small electrical button. First a empty medium sized fire extinguisher has it's top cut off and it's bottom cut out to use as a barrel. Then a long pole is then heated over a fire shrinking it slightly and is then pressed into the hole on top of the extinguisher until snug, the entire piece is then allowed to cool submerged in water or snow expanding the wood inside the neck of the extinguisher. Brackets are then drilled onto the pole and fire extinguisher for extra support, for reinforcement multiple long flat brackets are molded around the fire extinguisher with a hammer and bolted in place.

To ignite the device a delayed electrical igniter is made from a spark plug, electrical wiring, a capacitor, several small resistors, a circuit board and activated by a small electrical button. The device is tapped behind the barrel and the spark plug connected by electrical wiring is tapped to the opening of a small hole drilled into the fire extinguisher. To fire the weapon a large metal ball or rounded rock is used as ammo and gun powder as an accelerant. First powder is poured into the barrel followed by a small wad of cloth, which is then packed in with a home made ram rod. The projectile is then added followed by a small amount of extra gun powder which is lightly packed. The weapon is then aimed towards the target and the electrical button is pressed igniting the powder and launching the projectile.

Projectiles can include a large metal ball or rock, multiple metal ball bearings or small rocks could act as a shotgun blast. This weapon would cause a large amount of damage but would be very inaccurate and would have a very long reload time, like I suggested with the LeMat Revolver replica you could be forced to reload it in your inventory. Well what do you guys think, it might be impractical fighting a large horde unless a group of people used grapeshot (the name for buckshot like cannon ammo). It would be good for a siege on either side and like a blunderbuss you could put anything in it to use as ammo. It could also make you feel like a pirate if used in boat to boat combat.

So what do you guys think, any thoughts on the design or ammo idea's?

Thread starter #4

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer

BABYBLACKHOLE

Tiny darkness
Backer
Great idea's mate :) In order to craft these devices you would also need tools like a Soldering iron, solder, drill, screw drivers etc. and electricity to power them, you would probably need to find the blue prints or design/survival books too.

Thread starter #6

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Thanks I appreciate it, yeah the soldering iron is something I always forget. Also I already put the drill in the part's section, the reason I didn't add a screw driver is that electric drills useally have bits that are used for screwing and unscrewing screws so I was thinking the survivor could just use the drill for both purposes. On learning the crafting recipe like my other medieval weapon threads I was thinking prehaps they player would have to read a book on medieval warfare. This is a bit more technical then my other suggestions so you would probably needed to read a book on survival crafting as well.