• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

BRCK

Thread starter #1

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
The BRCK

Here is an advanced item that could be used for crafting and as a small mobile wifi generator. It is called the BRCK it's a durable wifi generator built for rugged areas with extremely limited infrastructure. It's designed to take a beating and deal with multiple weather conditions and power surges. Considering that it is hard to repair a broken infrastructure on islands once a natural disaster has struck them I think that it would be possible to find them. You could possibly find them at emergency centers like Fire Stations, Police Stations, Hospital's, Town Hall's and survivalists might have them.
http://www.hackersforcharity.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/brck1.jpg

The device could have a lot of uses that would not be readily apparent but it would be essential to certain projects like creating homemade drones or security systems like wireless camera systems or even camera turret's. People have talked about using smart phones to control RC vehicle's and with the addition of newer model gopro you could view the vehicles progress remotely. The same gopro could be used to create a small wireless camera system that you could easily hide for a warning system. You could give more use to a smart phone by downloading information, on a quick check there are a couple survival app's and E books like military survival manuals and info on traps. If you don't have a compass you can download a compass app, you can download sound meters, flashlight app's and there are also animal call apps for hunting. Also maybe they could have a way for you to download local map's.
http://www.ushahidi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BRCK-backup-wifi-500x281.png

Like I said the device is very durable and it is very resistant to different kinds of damage from the elements, it also is easily powered from different sources. It can easily charge from a wall outlet, a solar panel or even a car battery without any worry of burning out. For an extended effective range the BRCK has a port for an antenna to be plugged in. It also has an Ethernet port to allow it to be attached to a computer. Additionally the BRCK is highly customizable for any post apocalyptic programmer.
http://www.hackersforcharity.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/brck-onepage.jpg
http://www.brck.com/#thebrck

Since it can't be called the BRCK what do you guys think it's name should be, so far I have
  • Black Box
  • BLOK
  • Signal Gen
  • Clear Sky
I would like to hear any idea's for names you guys have or which names you like, I also want to hear any thoughts on the BRCK.

Thread starter #3

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
What do you mean by The BRICK do you mean a cordless home phone I saw a new one when searching it. I didn't know about that, the two names are a bit confusing. What do you think about the BRCK though it might have some interesting uses besides the ones I detailed above. I would definitly love to use a bunch of small wireless gropro's as a camera systeam.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Oh i like this! Yes @BlackWater this is a must. Especially if you start looking into security networking and communication between surviving settlements.

Along with your suggestion on looking up survival guides, we could even use the "wifi network" to create an in-game BB forum or basic information system for when a player with a smartphone enters the area. Everything from the clan/group running that network, a browse-able bb forum page with basic survival intel in the area.

Yet another thing to add to the list of possible mods @BlackWater

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
And then with a computer, internet access, and all the time sitting around in a zombie apocalypse, you could start coding and kickstart a zombie survival game!

On a serious note, not too sure about this idea. Seems like it needs satellite access, too, which I'm not sure would be possible. One of those things that could be cool, but would have to be done waaay down the line imo. I do like the idea of phone apps though.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Hell yes. If shit hit the fan, the first thing I'd do is see who posted what on facebook. You never know, we may just find safe zones and so on XD

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
So I was going to write a long list of why this is a brilliant idea, but not for this game..... However the more I typed, the more I realized I actually like the idea

Good Job

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
lulz!

I know right!

And lets be honest, the net is a big part of what we do daily anyway. So why wouldnt it have some place when zeds are trying to fry our nuts

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
+1 for thinking outside the box but I do not foresee a scenario where I would need this. Unless it can be paired with a small GPS tracker. I could rob someone, place GPS tracker on him and track where he goes. If I see him always going back to one spot than I know where his base is.

ORRRRRR..... I could pair it to a mobile phone and get a "google maps" of the area? Like real time GPS. I am liking this more and more as long as I can use it in these ways :)

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
+1 for thinking outside the box but I do not foresee a scenario where I would need this. Unless it can be paired with a small GPS tracker. I could rob someone, place GPS tracker on him and track where he goes. If I see him always going back to one spot than I know where his base is.

ORRRRRR..... I could pair it to a mobile phone and get a "google maps" of the area? Like real time GPS. I am liking this more and more as long as I can use it in these ways :)
Exactly what I started to think as I wrote a long comment explaining why I didn't like the idea.. God Damn these brains of ours, making us think far too much