• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Building/Crafting having effects on Mental Health

Thread starter #1

Biff

Survivor
Backer
so i looked around and couldn't really find anything on this. I think it'd be cool to have any kind of building or crafting have positive influence on your mental health. maybe so much so that you could have a temporary buff on over all hp?

Davz Not Here

Backer
so i looked around and couldn't really find anything on this. I think it'd be cool to have any kind of building or crafting have positive influence on your mental health. maybe so much so that you could have a temporary buff on over all hp?
+1 to the idea ..... BUT ..... for the record .....

this is most certainly mentioned in other threads ..... it just happens to be under various threads, and, would be suggestions through the coarse of conversation to the relevant threads .....

i'm not sure it needs it's own thread since each instance (fortification, reclamation, improvement, etc.) varies based on the specific topic, which makes this idea relevant as a case by case issue.

on this last point the community and mods can decide

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
eh

i can honestly say that that laying a metal roof on a house has not had a positive affect on my sanity i think the more labor intensive and difficult tasks really shouldn't get you into the "fighting spirit" as one might say and making something like bleak barbed wire fence and laying planks over your window because your living in fear of undead cannibals bleak and humbling constructions should NOT make you happy perhaps if you were recently harm by a zombie or human this could be made to be helpful to your sanity but turning your home into a bleak fortress untouched by natural light really should do your mind any good otherwise

Thread starter #4

Biff

Survivor
Backer
eh

i can honestly say that that laying a metal roof on a house has not had a positive affect on my sanity i think the more labor intensive and difficult tasks really shouldn't get you into the "fighting spirit" as one might say and making something like bleak barbed wire fence and laying planks over your window because your living in fear of undead cannibals bleak and humbling constructions should NOT make you happy perhaps if you were recently harm by a zombie or human this could be made to be helpful to your sanity but turning your home into a bleak fortress untouched by natural light really should do your mind any good otherwise
I'd have to disagree.we arent talking peace of mind from some sunday project you had to labor through. After living through trauma i think the best thing to do to keep ones sanity is to keep your mind and hands active. I guess i dont see it as adding bleek barbed wire or removing all natural light and more of having peace of mind you are protected and have a place to stay.

Davz Not Here

Backer
i love my metal roof (we rebuilt the whole house and the roof was first) ...... 35 year warranty on the enamel ..... and the metal will last about 100 years before rust sets in .....

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I'll have to agree more with the thought of getting some form of comfort/distress... nothing wrong with a bit of pride/guilt.

It could take into consideration what you're making it for, an object of death/fear or a wall to keep your group safe maybe not so much the material it's made from unless it's animal/zombie guts, blood... gory stuff maybe.

EDIT:WORDS!

Last edited: