• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bulldozer

Thread starter #1

Facerafter

Backer
Bulldozer
In-game Pro's
- Spikes/Weapons attached to the blade
- Armored/Heavy structure - not easily destroyed
- Possible to transport larger objects on the blade

In-Game Con's
- Relatively more noise
- Relatively slower

Something like this:

Or this:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Yes great idea..

Oshawott

Pokemon
Backer
Made me think of this.

This guy owned a muffler shop and the government tried to take his land so he plated his bulldozer with a foot of steel and concrete. They couldn't take him out with anything from armor-piercing bullets to explosives. He destroyed half of the town before falling through the floor and getting stuck in basement and killing himself way to go out like a badass.

Joshua Leonard

Destroyer of Worlds
Backer
Made me think of this.

This guy owned a muffler shop and the government tried to take his land so he plated his bulldozer with a foot of steel and concrete. They couldn't take him out with anything from armor-piercing bullets to explosives. He destroyed half of the town before falling through the floor and getting stuck in basement and killing himself way to go out like a badass.

sounds like that man had one hell of a time before he went out

Joshua Leonard

Destroyer of Worlds
Backer
but the thought of running over a few zeds with a bulldozer sounds like fun to me, and sense all of the vehicles are fortifier able the bulldozer with steel on the side maybe a real possibility.

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
I like the idea, but it needs to be elaborated on more. I suggest that these vehicles should be rare to come by and expensive to handle. They should have a top speed of 5-10 mph, even less when crawling up an incline. To travel long distances should require large amounts of fuel, 5-15 gallons an hour. Since they're the closest thing to a tank that we'll hopefully get in STN, the tracks should be unrepairable as they're the only means of stopping the behemoth, aside from killing its driver.

If able to be modified and extra armor added, it should be impossible to entirely case it as the driver wouldn't be able to see. As far as physics go, it should be able to push almost anything out of its path. Zombies likely shouldn't impede it apart from climbing on it and going after the driver. Destroying buildings should be loud and take a moderate amount of time. Perhaps a few animations of the blade hitting the wall or several seconds of continual forward momentum against it.

Aside from that I can't think of much else to say besides I look forward to my house being obliterated by a bulldozer in game.

Dimension Source:
http://www.acquisitiebelgie.com/en/equipment/caterpillar_bulldozers

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
I like the idea, but it needs to be elaborated on more. I suggest that these vehicles should be rare to come by and expensive to handle. They should have a top speed of 5-10 mph, even less when crawling up an incline. To travel long distances should require large amounts of fuel, 5-15 gallons an hour. Since they're the closest thing to a tank that we'll hopefully get in STN, the tracks should be unrepairable as they're the only means of stopping the behemoth, aside from killing its driver.

If able to be modified and extra armor added, it should be impossible to entirely case it as the driver wouldn't be able to see. As far as physics go, it should be able to push almost anything out of its path. Zombies likely shouldn't impede it apart from climbing on it and going after the driver. Destroying buildings should be loud and take a moderate amount of time. Perhaps a few animations of the blade hitting the wall or several seconds of continual forward momentum against it.

Aside from that I can't think of much else to say besides I look forward to my house being obliterated by a bulldozer in game.

Dimension Source:
http://www.acquisitiebelgie.com/en/equipment/caterpillar_bulldozers
agreed but +1

pad69jr

Backer
Bulldozer, Back Hoes, trench diggers, garbage trucks, tractor trailers, cranes and dump trucks need to work in game as real life.
I have always said the perfect defense from any one would be to dig a deep wide trench around your place and use a draw bridge to enter and exit. Using a bulldozer is a great way. If you can make the trench with concrete walls and floor with drains you can then pour kerosene and burn zombies in the trench and the trench will not collapse. This will disguise your wood fire and the stench from the burning bodies would be most unpleasant. ;)