• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bunker random generation.

Yes or nah

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
The idea is that bunkers are randomly generated and are unique to the server that you are on, it could be difficult to code but it'd give the planned bunkers millions of possible combinations so that it's unique for every server and every bunker that you visit.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'd prefer bunkers to be in a fixed location around the map - as you say @YuNoGuy123 , it would be more difficult to code if they were random. How could the dev.s cope with all the random 'spawn points' and still keep the code optimised? Especially if they're customisable structures? For me, adding them in in fixed locations would be best for the game.

But might you need to use tools to uncover them so they might be accessible for habitation? Clearing away trees? Uncovering the entrance?

DZS

Survivor
Backer
Hmm bunkers could, a bit like loot being randomly spawned. It would be best to add it as an option in servers some would certainly like it.

Danielinnv

Survivor
Backer
An example is star citizen for randomly generated bunkers, they ave a bunker with some set designs and layouts randomly generated, then they go back and add what they want and remove parts that may not work. That system could work for bunker design but maybe not spawns.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm still not convinced random spawn bunkers would work, too much server loading, let alone coding. But I do like the idea from @Danielinnv of randomly generated bunkers. In normal loot spawn locations, you get something randomised. So if there was a bunker spawn location, you might get a bunker, you might not. You could get different types.

It might still be a bit of a coding nightmare as it's not just a pickup, but a structure … but I could see this being achievable. [says the man who has only written software casually!]