• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Bunkers/Fallout Shelters

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i dont know, it might work if done right.

Adrian

Trust me i'm an engineer!
Backer
But then it's no challenge to survive the night :D you just go to your bunker and close the door...

Last edited:

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
But then it's no challenge to survive the night :D you just go to you bunker and close the door...
man with point makes point

Kipper

Backer
I can see individual homes having the odd WW2 bunker, but nothing where you could store a lot of food or fortify too heavily. Perhaps only a wooden door.
If you take inspiration from the typical bomb shelter of English homes, their roofs were only made of corrugated iron or steel, nothing too heavy or fancy and their size was merely big enough for a small family to take shelter in. (6'x6')
If zombies waited outside and your food supply runs out, that could easily make you prey to a large horde (or even a small gathering if they were blocking you in.)

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Well I remember the dev talking about a sewer system or somthin like that and so Maybe the sewers would be an underground thing. Theres a possibilty that there might a facility. I do know I think its in germany and underground there is a huge facility for the slaves they had making them mine

Vorpist

ΜЛШ ˢᵗᶰ | Owner
Backer
Sewers would be awesome, maybe rare loot would be hiding in the sewers. Since zombies are sensitive to light, there might a be a excessive amount zombies or a horde occupying in sewers, but the reward of rare loot.

knux81

Prophet of Fnergle
Backer
Check out the history of the Channel Islands...Under German occupation we got bunkers, tunnels and all sorts of crazy fortifications...
The one next to my dads house used to be used as a Mushroom farm...Now it's a steel works and place where they store bottled water.

http://www.livingwiththeenemy.com/fortifications.htm

Just don't do them pristine...They should be run down and dangerous. Concrete cancer (look it up) and flooding are major issues in these.
<3

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
I like it! Anyone body want to hang out in my bunker? haha

Tools

I could see a basement serving as a bunker, but a full blown concrete reinforced bunker, No. You'd have to have a ventilation system, some how getting running water down there, and a waste disposal and lights. Most would say run a generator that solves that, well generators have to be on the surface to run, the CO2 would kill you in hours if you had it in your bunker. Besides flash lights and batteries, light would be a problem, bunkers don't have windows, why live in a total state of night time pretty much all the time your in it. So light a fire you say? Fire absorbs oxygen and also makes a lot of heat, a room under ground with very little air flow would turn into an oven in no time.... means you ether die from a heat stroke or you have to drink a massive amount of water to stay hydrated from all the sweat your loosing..

Bunkers just aren't practical. The things we see on TV are simple made to hold you over till the initial chaos is over, there not made for life time housing.. Even if there was one made for it the amount of things to make sure its worth your time is insane.....

LonelyBeaver

Lord Of The Silver Beaver Damn
Backer
Many American apocalypse believers build them selves under ground bunkers it could have a simple one room design with canned food, clothes and possibly a generator to power it. They could be used as homes for players or just spawn locations for loot.

Any other suggestions would be gladly accepted to the bunker idea.

2LT_K

Backer
I know I know... I should probably keep my mouth shut but where in the world is the fallout shelters?? C'mon... there have got to be a few looney people on the island who have small metal boxes buried beneath the ground near their homes right?? I mean... sometimes when shit hits the fan some people are just ready to rock and roll and take their family into a small place of safety.

I mean this is food for thought but I just hope it isn't sounding like a bad idea. I know we are not living in a fallout but a zombie outbreak is just as bad as an apocalypse... well... on the scale I rate it worse than the nuclear/atomic... since zombies are endless.

Hi JB_!!! You and the Dev team are awesome (Yes... the community watches you.. o.o it is weird but...yeah..).

Crazypineapple55

The Official Bus Driver
Backer
As far as I am aware, they have never stated that their wouldn't be fallout shelter/ bunkers. There will probably not be any in the stress test but i could see them being implemented later on in development. I think this may have been posted about prior to this but I cant remember. I think it will come in time though so just be patient and we will see.