• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

burglar alarm and infrared sensor to protect

Thread starter #1

Russ Hallam

Backer
If you have spent time securing your newly claimed dwelling you should be able to craft a burglar alarm and infrared sensor system to protect the building and the items within, and as mentioned in another post by a dev you could then have the alarm send a message in game.

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
bad thing is the alarm would cause a swarm to come to your house

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Trust me. I'm a Doctor.
Backer
LOL different take on this would be random alarms in houses you break into. Set it off, get shiz as quickly as you can before hoard turns up.

Thread starter #4

Russ Hallam

Backer
Or a good way for your next door neighbor to kill you, by setting of the alarm and the swarm kills the folks inside.

Supermarine

Never take the lead - but aim to do something big.
Backer
There could be alarms in random building so if you break into them you meet to get out of there asap

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
I was thinking security cameras

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like the thought of commercial and industrial buildings to-be alarmed (don't think the loot that spawns in a house warrants the risk to have an alarm for gameplay) with a visible unbroken alarm on the side of the building somewhere so you'll be able to know if there is one (and also if the building has power), mainly for the reason it's certainly going to make enough noise to bring in zeds so this could be a way to "initiate" a form of wave or two of zeds (size could vary depending on a buildings location and the zeds in proximity).

So it would require some preparation by the players before hand if they want to get inside, instead of not knowing until you enter then you run around like a nut looting what you can...

Either way alarms make sense and the buildings now have the electrical systems in, it could work.