• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Buryable boxes

Montecristo

Backer
Straight awesomeness! For whatever reason I would have never thought to look for something of what it actually is (aka a buryable box) Great detective work @strategos2411

Ok how about this. There's no limit to how many you can make, but you can only put SMALL stuff in them. So hopefully people can't just store their guns or backpacks in them and then come back later. It sound similar to only carrying a few things in them, which should still be added, but you also shouldn't be able to put BIG things(rifles, backpacks, building materials) in there as well. It would be cool if it were added, but if it weren't, I would just hide my stuff in a bush. :p Just my 2 cents

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
I would love to have the ability to store supplies, ammo, weapons, etc. in a crate that could be buried anywhere on the map where the ground is soft. Add this with the ability to make notes and marks on a players map and i think it could work. You could use it as a resupply on long trips or a bug out location if things get real rough.

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
Merged 2 topics about storage boxes that are buried.
Crap, sorry. I did a search on cache...didn't think to search for buryable :/

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
Sorry to revive this old thread... but had a thought about how you could control the hidden box population - goes something like this:

* Boxes 'decay' over time.... (make em out of wood for simplicity)
* A box will disappear completely if it hasn't been visited at all for 30 game days
* There is a 10% chance per day to lose the content of 1 slot in the box due to spoilage after 20 days
* Visiting a box refreshes it back to full health (a bit auto-magical, but lets RP this as you patching up leaks and general repairs to it)

That way the boxes self-limit to what you can reliably visit and maintain - so either you are spending alot of your day on boring box visits (self-limiting), keep them very close to your base (self-limiting as provides possibility for easy accidental discovery) or you keep 1/2 boxes which you check on from time to time (self-limiting plus adds an interesting dynamic... someone spotting you updating your cache).

Win/win?

MrJingles705

Bangarang!
Backer
Also - no locks - generally speaking (with a few exceptions) - consumer grade locks do not last long underground....