• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Calorie,Dieet,Fat system, getting overweight?

Would you like to have a calorie system?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Mountainhigh

Backer
Hello fellow survivors,

Idea Explanation:
From what i have understand there will be a some kind of calorie system.
Very simple if you don't eat inuf you turn slower and you get out of energy.
When you eat good then you have inuf energy and you can run longer and etc.

Im not sure if this was planed to put in game.

But what me and a friend where thinking about what if you eat to much and spoile your self with fat and to much unhealthy food?
Whe thought it would be cool that you can turn fat, slower and get bad stamina.

If im correct there will be skills you can train, included stamina.
So how can this be combined in a system with training stamina?

System example:
Now lets say you have a bar that shows your body fat and Muscle weight in precentage(based on real life and avarage mesurements).
For example the fat bar Wil show from -30% untill 130% and the muscle weight bar from 0% untill 100%.

When you start in game you wil have a surtain amount of body fat like real life people have based on avarage mesurments.
And you start the same with muscle weight or more maby on 0%??.

Now lets imagine that whe start running, what system's will whe interact with and how should they work?

My example:

1. Body fat. (burns bodyfat and wil drop in %)

2. Muscle weight. (grows when inuf body fat and wil grow in %)

3. Stamina. (wil drop, but the skil wil grow when there is inuf capicity of body fat and Muscle weight)

4. Energy. (wil drop, but skil wil grow when there is inuf capicity of body fat, muscle strenght, stamina and maby sleep? muslce's need rest to grow right?)

5. And eventualy Hunger and Thirst. (simple wil drop and need to keep it up)

with this in our backmind lets imagine that whe are going to eat to restore hunger, body fat and energy.
You found alot of food and you want to eat it all because that wil give you alot of bodyfat for the next day right?

Now what if you could over do it and you need to watch how much calories you take?
And if you take to much calories you grow overweight.
you get to much bodyfat that you can't burn in a day and you would grow fater and not stronger ofcorse.

Now lets imagine you are overweight and didn't do to much about your muscle weight.
You are going to run again with a bodyfat % of 130 (example, the max in my theory)
How should the system work?

My Example:

1. Body fat. (burns bodyfat alot slower then normal because you run slower and because of the max Bodyfat
maby a penalty on the health bar? example healthy caracther has a 100% full bar and a overweighted
caracther can only maximise his health until 90%?)

2. Muscle weigth. (Grows a little fatser because of the extra weight you run with)

3. Stamina. (Most overweighted people have a bad stamina, so you should run a lot slower. but there is stil the
stamina skill you trained for how to fix that? maby again a penalty?
Example your stamina bar can
only regenerate until 90% in your stamina lvl.

4. Energy. (energy should drop real fast all the time and you should have a lot of brakes from runing)

5. Hunger and thirst. (when your overweighted your brains are gonna tel you that you are hungry all day
long, ofcorse you cant stop eating but can you stil trust your stomach or should you start thinking about how
much and what you eat? And slim down with a dieet and exersises like runing out side away for zeds)
Drinking water is never bad ofcorse but i heard one day about something as water poisoning. (the human
body seems only to be able to take care of 3 liters of water in a sort amount of time!)

Some thing like this would work the same ofcorse for geting underweighted but in reverse way.

End up:
This should all work ofcorse in combenation with your trained level of skills you manged to get.
Like i noticed in my explanation above, i think some things would work the best with some penalty's based on the level of skill you have.

I feel this would bring a nice extra survival enviroment to the game and my personal opinion, i thinks this would be real cool.

Before i die of hunger i still can lie on my death bed heavly underweight and have a chance that one of my buddy's manage to get some food on time and save me.
Or a Woodburry wannabe govenor with minions that get him food and he grows overweight, then comes wannabe rick grimes to shoot the place up. Then its every man for its self in Woodburry and the governor is the slowest and last out of town. (heey guys wait upp,,,,, you guys just wait a second,,,,) can you imagine the cartman of survive the nights:p? eating all the skin of the KFC before you arive:p

I think i have to rap it up because the thread became much longer as i anticipated.

Fellow survivors please be welcome to let me know what you think about this idea.
Would you like this way,
would you drasticly change it in a whole diffrent way,

a small change or do you simple don't like it and would never like to see this in game?

Let me know!! :D

Personal end up/OFF TOPIC for developer's:
Sorry that its a bit long but i gave it a big thought and there where two options for me, just post a thread and say like hay i think it would be cool to become fat?
Or this way and gave a bit of the thought behind the idea. I tried to make it as easy as possible to understand.
(i hope your head isnt getting crazy from how the way i think and how i explain them)
My english is also not perfect so excuse me for the spelling and gramtical mistakes.

I have tried to look up if some one mentioned this idea before but i didn't find anything, if there is allready a trhead about this idea then here by allready an apoligage and the moderators are welcome to remove my thread!

Greets,

Mountainhigh.

Last edited:

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
love the idea maybe little to complex for the system but we will see, not much info has been shown on the calorie system but id love to see a lot of in depth realism to it +1

Thread starter #3

Mountainhigh

Backer
love the idea maybe little to complex for the system but we will see, not much info has been shown on the calorie system but id love to see a lot of in depth realism to it +1

The complex system was something that made me doubt it along time two, but in my eyes there is not really an other way to realisticly put this in the game play.

In most games they just have a carachter that can eat everything he/she want or as less as he/she want and keep on running like dayz untill you olmost blinking red of hunger. Also the looks of the caracther stays in most times the same.

Thanks for liking and giving it a coment by the way!!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
No problem i feel everyone needs to be seen not just left wondering, and yea but gotta take into thought too not everything is going to be processed the same way after the zombies take over now there will be stuff left over that is unhealthy but with the amount of cardio youll be doing and manual labor not maybe people will be fat and you can live without eating for several days till you die

Thread starter #5

Mountainhigh

Backer
No problem i feel everyone needs to be seen not just left wondering, and yea but gotta take into thought too not everything is going to be processed the same way after the zombies take over now there will be stuff left over that is unhealthy but with the amount of cardio youll be doing and manual labor not maybe people will be fat and you can live without eating for several days till you die
Thats true but if im correct there is allready a some kind of hunger systeem so your caracther needs to eat every day for his satisfing feeling (and maby his mental state) And i thought the STN-DEV's said you cant die in one day from hunger it takes a couple.

So why dont do it with this system and maby use the mental state with my idea for when you eat to little or to much.
Maby get also some penaltys for your mental state. (didnt thought about that yet!!!)

And becoming fat should be for the wealthy people, like in the old days.
YOu have alot of food, fortified house, so no more work and exersise around and you have a vehicle for all your transport needs.
i that case you would probaly grow fater over the days!

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
well if you didnt get because you are smart and making your food last shouldnt effect your mental status now now if you didnt eat cause you didnt have food thats another story

Thread starter #7

Mountainhigh

Backer
well if you didnt get because you are smart and making your food last shouldnt effect your mental status now now if you didnt eat cause you didnt have food thats another story
But thats why i like something like the Bodyfat/calories% bar.
So you dont only know when your carachter wants to eat but alse when the carachter NEEDS to eat.
And in this case you can prefent a balance drop in your mental state. because you can overwatch it and eat when you need and not when your caracther says 100times i feel hungry.

but again if you like the bacon to much or just simply cant find food then the mental state could come in here in the extreme occations only.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
yup we just gotta wait till we hear a little more on the calorie so we can really focus on it

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
I don't count my own calories. I certainly don't want to count video game calories.

Thread starter #13

Mountainhigh

Backer
I don't count my own calories. I certainly don't want to count video game calories.
I understand what you mean,
But its a mechanic to get use to i think.
Like eating i a game you have to watch your hunger allready,

And the same with like money or a curency, the dev's asked us if it would be cool to have a curancy?
Have to watch your curancy two right, is that fun? maby not but it brings in a whole difrent dynamic and gameplay.

I had to fight with my whole familiy for my house for last 5 years, whe are almost bakruped as family.
You dont here me wining like i dont want a curency system, because im always paying and watching my money in real life.

Im not trying to offend your or anything M-dawg, yust trying to put the subject back on topic and start a healthy discusion.
Maby there are some mistakes with my idea and would like to solve them in that case.
Or yust a discussion where some one thinks this should be in game or not