• Hello Guest,

Bug reports can be made using our in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Caltrops for zombies, human and veicels

Thread starter #1

Huginn

It could be nice if it was possibel to make caltrops out of nails and by soldering them together and use of a hammer.

Maybe be able to make some with small pipes that are use to make holes in tires

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I suppose it's nicer than straight up shooting the driver to get a vehicle to stop...

Unless it's fired at zeds in some way I don't think it would do much damage to their feet or that they would care enough to stop walking... maybe it could effect a crawler or maybe you could duct-tape a plastic bottle full of them to the propane tank bomb for a nastier version... just thinking of some other uses these may have while I am here.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I like the idea, perhaps nails and wire would be enough. A little crafting and you should be able to put something together to puncture vehicle tyres. But zombies? Do they feel any pain? I'm not sure anything more than a headshot would stop them.

L0Lattack

The Cheese King
Backer
would add a nice element to the game. even if it did put holes in tires, i feel like it shouldn't just stop the car, but slow it down and eventually harm the car since the tires are flat.

Thread starter #5

Huginn

With the zombies, I dont think They should make any damage. but if th Caltrops are sharp enough and you put all your weight on it, it may penetrate softer footwhere, maybe this would encourage people to get milli boots or similar.
Maybe it should also be possibel to poisen them .

about cars, if its just drive through ordenary Caltrops it may be able to continue a few km but eventually you have a hole.
Thats why I suggestet the ones made of small pipes, cut with an sharp angle, so that it takes a hole piece of the tire.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
I don't see the use for them tho. We already have bear traps, and I think they would do the job better when it comes to defense.

I don't think you can build/set stuff randomly on any road either, so putting them down to puncture tires won't work. Not 100% on that one tho. @JB_ confirm?
I guess maybe they could be a less visible trap for players at your house.

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Only purpose I could see for Caltrops are to keep a handful of them on you in case you hear a vehicle coming down the road you can quickly chuck them, (they are hard to see) they run them over, it pops there tires and than you have a great ambush strategy. That allows you to set up something on the fly instead of using large spike strips and other methods that need to be set up in advanced and make you sit and wait. I like the idea of having them but not for zombies or even other players getting hurt by them since we will be wearing shoes and zombies don't feel pain.